1995 Lincoln mark viii voltage problems

Mike jones

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Help please! 95 mark keeps dropping voltage all the way down to 9.82 as it warms up. Something seems to be seriously pulling it down fast. Will read around 14 volts when first start car but after about 2 min the voltage starts to drop fast. 3 new alternator attempts and they all do the same. New battery also. Any ideas my Lincoln family? Thanks in advance!

Any issues with your command center? I was doing some work behind the dash on mine once, didn't get it finished before having to drive it to wor . Just because I had the command center unplugged it wasn't charging.

Any issues with your command center? I was doing some work behind the dash on mine once, didn't get it finished before having to drive it to wor . Just because I had the command center unplugged it wasn't charging.
That is interesting. What would hte command center have to do with charging? IS there something in systems check area that takes the voltage before going to the battery?

Let my 95 mark VIII sit for 3 months recently.
Went to drive it last week and command/message center is no longer working. Only issue was a dead battery. All fuses checked an ok, no other apparent issues. I can hear the command beep when I press the different command keys, but nothing on the screen.

Members online

No members online now.
Back