1995 Ford Explorer 4x4, HIDs, Projectors (WARNING! Lots of pics!)

BrianDye

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
**EDIT** TRUCK IS NOW FOR SALE!

(Just to clear it up, this is not the old 95' Explorer I had on here a while back, this one is a sport, and in MINT condition.)

1995 Ford Explorer Sport (2 Door)​
-GREAT condition....basically MINT!
-4x4
-140,000 miles which is just getting these things broken in, with regular maintenence, they can easily last 500,000 miles. Im not lying about that either! These 4.0's are bullet-proof!
-Black with gray leather interior.
-Clean title, no accidents!
-Brand new fail-safe thermostat, and coolant flush! Heat blows so hot it will burn you, and blows very VERY hard!

Id like to trade this for a Lincoln LS, any year, as long as its in good shape, and running/driving good also.

This thing is in MINT condition. Nothing wrong AT ALL with it, EVERY single thing works flawlessly as it should! You can setup a time to come check it out, look it over, and test drive it, if you have the right offer! I love this thing, but im ready to move down to a fast car, and really need 4 doors again, LOL! The truck shifts through every gear perfecly, along with in and out of gear so smooth you almost cant even tell. I even have a fun little course to prove to you that the 4x4 works right behind my house. Its AMAZING in the snow, ABS works amazingly, along with the automatic AWD, you cant even fishtail on a snowy road with that on. I was not scared driving this thing at all this winter, even the days we had almost a foot of snow, I went on with my days like nothing, it was great! I also (today) just shampooed the carpets, and washed the mats.

It has 1-piece projector headlight housings with HALO's and LEDs, along with 10,000k HIDs for the low beams, and Xenon intense bulbs in the high beams. I replaced all the gauge cluster bulbs, along with the HVAC controls with hyper-white LEDs, which makes everything glow blue which looks awesome! I replaced the interior dome lighting with 12" white LED strips, which are amazingly bright. It has a chrome exhaust tip which looks great, tinted taillights, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, 7-color changing LED bulbs in the door lights, sony speakers, wire harness and amp bypass INSTALLED (It had the stock JBL system which means you cant just get an adaptor like most vehicles, I had to order a special 17' long harness and run all the wires), it has an almost brand new Duralast Gold battery, new rear wiper, a twister in the intake, which is supposed to give it better gas mileage while increasing throttle responce, which it does. New lower valance for the front bumper, with tinted foglights, front bumper was repainted black. I also installed a volt gauge in the center console holder, (Im a car audio freak, so I have quite the setup in there but thats not going with the explorer), platinum battery terminals, removed the roof rack, freshly painted wiper arms, and a fresh oil change. New front brake pads also with a lifetime warranty, has Westin aftermarket step bars, and a brand new "Big Black" decal on the back window.

Stock features:
Black paint, grey leather interior, power seat, power antenna, keyless entry (Remote and keypad), very sensitive alarm, power moonroof, overhead display, 2 door, foglights, premium wheels, 4x4, 2wd, or auto 4WD on the fly, power antenna, tinted rear windows (AKA privacy glass), automatic headlights, delayed headlights (Stay on and automatically turn off after you get out), and the keyless entry pad on the door.

I know I forgot some more stuff ive done to it, but ill update it if I remember more!

**I am not selling it, because its my only vehicle, and daily driver, so I can only trade it, or you can make me an offer, and let me browse for vehicles, but I would need some sort of down payment to guarantee that your buying it.

PICS!
SANY0077-1.jpg

SANY0079-1.jpg

SANY0080-2.jpg

SANY0081-1.jpg

Thats a big spat of mud on the passenger side of the hood not a scratch or anything lol
SANY0082-1.jpg

SANY0086-1.jpg

SANY0091-1.jpg

SANY0094-1.jpg

SANY0099-2.jpg

HID low beams
IMG_0458.jpg

Xenon Highs
IMG_0459.jpg

LED stips to replace the interior lights
SANY0069-1.jpg

SANY0052-2.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

LED compared to Stock
IMG_0275.jpg

Before LEDs:
SANY0531.jpg

After:
SANY0537.jpg

SANY0540.jpg

Brand new Platinum plated terminals:
SANY0542.gif

SANY0543.gif

SANY0521.jpg

SANY0522.gif

In the newer pics, the lower bumper valance is gone because it cracked and broke, so I ordered a new one, and im still painting it. I tinted the fogs too so when its on, its gonna look badass!

Im not trying to get rid of this thing because it has problems, im just ready for something different, and faster haha.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Im located in Monroe, Michigan.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You sold your LS!?! :'(

Damnit that was an amazing ride.

But eh, I'm not a big fan of the front of the Marks, but send or pm me some info, I do love the interiors

Traded it in actually back in September. Got tired of the lack of power. Thanks for the compliment, though. :)

Psh lack of power? Damn you people! I would kill for that power! LOL.

Still up for trades....looking for an LS! Any year, V6/V8, stick/auto, doesnt matter to me! Minor issues are okay as long as its in good driving order!

Also interested in trading for a V8 Explorer.

How about my 166?
(I would gladly take 244 roflmfao, but I would s h i t myself with 406 and get into a lot of trouble)

Brian, I must admit that your definition of "mint" differs greatly from mine. Thanks for our friends in the Explorer Community, I beg to differ whether this truck is even "urinal mint".

The exhaust is trashed and you're going to try and clamp it to fix? First of all as one of your Explorer brothers told you, there is no way a clamp will fix that problem and even if it did, it's a Band-Aid fix at best. You need real exhaust work done with new pipe and welding. If you hit hard enough to tear your exhaust apart, one must wonder how the suspension is doing.

IMG_0502.gif

And how about the rust? I define "mint" as devoid of rust or at least a LOT more than you're showing in your photos (before you hid them behind black paint).

SANY0008-3.jpg

676A0063.jpg

The brakes need work and despite what your friends tried to tell you, another band-aid solution was found by replacing the pads without inspecting the rotors for wear, getting them machined etc.

Most troubling to me is that it's been in limp mode recently and despite getting good advice, you won't get codes read. Do you really think disconnecting the battery will solve the problem? The OD light came on for a reason and will return. Take it from someone who has been servicing Ford products since well before you were born. We all know you like to run from transmission problems as evidenced by the LS you passed off on your mom.

Why don't you have this truck for sale over on the Explorer webpage? Presumably if you are looking to trade your Explorer for another Explorer, wouldn't you advertise it there? I think they know too much and know better than to buy your truck. Why insult the Lincoln community by trying to pawn it here? :mad:

This part has me in a serious face palm (as copied and pasted from Craigslist)

"1995 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 w/Projectors, HIDs, LEDs, NICE! - $4995 (Monroe)"

$5000 for that? Please tell me you're joking. $500 perhaps? :eek:

I didnt even waste my time to read all of that, nor will I, but to the little I did read;
The flashing OD light has NEVER once came back, and the trans shifts smooth as day, you cant even feel it going into Drive or Reverse, I drove maybe 5 miles total with the light on, so I will bet you any ammount of money that NO damage what-so-ever was done to the trans, fluid is at perfect level, and looks BRAND NEW still.

And IF you would have took your time to read before you start this :q:q:q:q, you would have read that THIS WEEKEND im replacing the catback outlet pipe which is all the exhaust needs, or possibly installing a set of flowmaster duals, depending if the guy cuts me a good deal.

And anywho, long story short, im keeping it.

So do a LITTLE more research next time.

Have a good day.

PS. Can a mod close, and or delete this thread? Thanks!
(Also feel free to delete my other 2 explorers, theyre sold)

Last edited:
"Up for sale, nevermind I'm keeping it, wait yes up for sale, no wait I want it."

Geez dude. I think you have to take a second thought into selling your cars before posting them up for sale. You dont want to be like another member on here who sold his ls and a month later wanted his baby back badly and was willing to pay more than he sold her for, for it.

Linking park, You have an explorer too?. You two have some history huh? Looks like you'd be a pretty good private investigator

Linking park, You have an explorer too?. You two have some history huh? Looks like you'd be a pretty good private investigator

You give me too much credit! No history. I stumbled across him when I joined this site in November and was "fascinated" by the kid then (same way one is fascinated by a car wreck I guess). It was actually that weird photo sig thing that caught my attention (the one where he started displaying a sig for a gathering that he didn't attend). I think #1 Fordfan and I shared a mutual disdain for the B.S. around the same time. I see he's still around stirring things up in my absence. I love that avatar of his. :cool:

I had to hold off buying an LS for a while hence why I haven't been around. I had my eyes on a cherry second gen in November but finances didn't justify pulling the trigger. Someone from the Explorer Forums tipped me off about his For Sale listing on LVC and I just couldn't resist calling him on it. Turns out there are at least two LVC members not including Brian Dye on the other site. :D

You can always tell when lookin at pictures of the exterior of a car that something is being hidden when there are no close ups. And some of those pictures look like he was in a tree taking them from as much a distance as possible. And, a 95 Explorer sport in Mint condition is worth around $2500 tops. I haven't been on the Explorer forums in a while, I should go see whats up over there

LOL - well done guys! I just 'bout crapped myself laughin' Even made the wife come into the office to see what was goin' on - I was gigglin' so hard. :)

Ooh boy, not so "mint" anymore, but has a minty price! ($5000 for that P.O.S.)

Craigslist Ad

1995 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 (Black) - $4995 (Newport)

-1995 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4-
-143,XXX Miles
-4x4
-Black exterior (Paint in great shape, only minor scratches)
-Grey leather interior
-Power Moonroof
-Power seat
-Power antenna
-Brand new 19" Michellin Radius wiper blades
-Automatic/delayed headlights
-Automatic dimming rearview mirror
-Privacy glass (Mirrored finish, like tint)
-Upgraded stock 3 spoke chrome rims, wheels and tires in excellent condition, still 60-70% tread
-Keyless entry (2 keys, 1 fob, door codepad)
-Premium sound JBL Stereo

-Custom features-
-2 2" Tweeters w/ Crossovers in the front doors
-Black painted accents in the interior to match the exterior
-LED interior conversion
-Gauge cluster, HVAC controls switched to LED, now illuminate blue
-Dome lights replaced with white LED strips, SO much brighter
-Blue LED strips under each foot area (whole floor glows intense blue)
-LED Reverse bulbs
-LED Licence plate bulbs
-Freshly painted pillars (Gloss black, 3 coats clear, both side pillars, and the rear hatch pillars)
-Freshly painted wiper cowl (Gloss black. Its the long piece thats under the windshield wipers)
-Removed "EXPLORER" Badge, and painted high gloss black
-1 Piece projector headlight housings w/10,000k HIDs, Xenon high beams, LEDs in the corners
-Tinted taillights
-10,000k HID kit (As mentioned above in the projector housings)
-Tinted foglights
-Voltimeter in the center console

-More info-
Runs, and drives so smooth, great. Starts up on first key turn everytime. Explorer does have some rust, but nothing major compared to alot of simaler year bodystyles. Front bumper had rust showing through the paint, so I worked on it for a couple hours with my sander, sanding the majority of it off, some was still there, but I gave it about 4 coats of gloss black rustoleum, and it looks brand new. I have a brand new lower valance for the bumper, just havent gotten around to putting it on yet, hopefully we get a few warm days soon and ill get to it. Everything on this SUV works as it should, im just gonna post a few pics, but if your really interested, I have hundreds of pictures of the Explorer.

-What I want-
MUST be a Ford Explorer, FOUR door, and 4x4. I also would prefer a color like black, or anything dark, NOTHING white, or any light colors; must not have any running/driving issues.

Im not in a hurry, or desperate to get rid of mine, I absolutely love it, and it has so much life left, I just really need a 4 door though, as I frequently have people in the backseat, plus im a car audio guy, and im looking for a little more room for my setup.

I would like to have at least 300$ with the trade, unless its a V8, Limited, Eddie Bauer, or in VERY good condition, & I would prefer to keep my wheels, but its all negotiable! Im an easy guy to work with, so lets make a deal!

Thanks for looking!

By the way, I will sell it to buy a 4 door, but no low ball offers!

WHAT A LOON!

Members online

No members online now.
Back