1995 Deville VS. 1996 Towncar

carguy16

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Everyone,

Which would you say is a better car, a 1995 Cadillac Deville with 91,000 miles, or a 1996 Lincoln Town Car with 66,000 miles on it?

The 1996 Lincoln Town Car features a 4.6 ltr engine, RWD, 4 wheel disc brakes, 6 passenger seating, big trunk, digital dash. The car I am currently looking at has 66,000 miles on it, for approximately $5,200 dollars. In pictures it has controls for the stereo and such on the steering wheel.

The 1995 Cadillac Deville has a 4.9 ltr engine, FWD, 4 wheel disc brakes, 6 passenger seating, big trunk, digital dash. The car has about 91,000 miles on the clock, for about $6,200 dollars. It has chrome wheels, and a carriage top.

Now, I was suprised to see the Towncar is newer, with less miles, and a better price. Which is really better?

I like the looks of the 95 Deville, it looks great. The 96 Towncar looks standard, like anyone and everyone drives it. Both have air ride suspension...

Can anyone tell me anything about these cars? I know a bit about the Deville so far, but I dont know much about the Towncar. I am just trying to do some comparison shopping at this time.

The only plus for the Towncar is the RWD, controls on the steering wheel. The pluses for the Cadillac are the looks, guages, and Cadillac name.

Thanks!

:Welcome: to :smilies-3 I do not know much about that year of town car
i have a 91 Town Car anyway enjoy yourself here. :give :Beer :smilies-3

Newer, less miles, and cheaper? I'd say go for it. UNLESS one of the more knowledgeable Lincoln enthusiasts chimes in with something that was problematic for that year, in which case the Cadillac 4.9L is a excellent motor, make sure the cooling system is maintained and that thing will last forever. (300k is not unheard of) The electronics are pretty good that year, as well as the body, nothing to worry about there, but the suspension can be expensive to replace with the original electronically controlled struts. (although, if I am not mistaken, the Lincoln suffers the same problem with it's pneumatic suspension)

The lincoln air suspension is very cheap to fix. And its only in the rear, i believe the caddy has all four. The lincoln will require some work if the following have not been done

Lower balljoints
INtake manifold replaced with the metal lined intake

The intake is plastic resin and cracks at about 88 thousand to 100 thousand. 1200 at a shop but its possible to do yourself. The lower balljoints are recalled and have no grease fitting they will need to be replaced.

Dont be skewed by the previous statement. Ride in whichever you feel is the better vehicle and see which one you like. I personally would rather repair a rear wheel driver 4.6 than a FWD 4.9 And the 4.6 gets sweet gas mileage. 18 city 28 highway. Im a little biased but i would check out both for wear and proper maintenance and then decide, a well taken care of caddy would be better than a worn out lincoln and vice versa.

Let us know how it goes

Big Joe

In my experience it was exactly the opposite. My Conti had all four corners air and Every Caddi I've had so far only has the rear.

Pepsi2185 said:
The lincoln air suspension is very cheap to fix. And its only in the rear, i believe the caddy has all four. The lincoln will require some work if the following have not been done

The conti has air struts at each corner which are more expensive than the air springs but can still be acquired at a cheaper price. The towncar only has rear air springs. 120 apiece.

I've got both

carguy16 said:
Everyone,

Which would you say is a better car, a 1995 Cadillac Deville with 91,000 miles, or a 1996 Lincoln Town Car with 66,000 miles on it?

The 1996 Lincoln Town Car features a 4.6 ltr engine, RWD, 4 wheel disc brakes, 6 passenger seating, big trunk, digital dash. The car I am currently looking at has 66,000 miles on it, for approximately $5,200 dollars. In pictures it has controls for the stereo and such on the steering wheel.

The 1995 Cadillac Deville has a 4.9 ltr engine, FWD, 4 wheel disc brakes, 6 passenger seating, big trunk, digital dash. The car has about 91,000 miles on the clock, for about $6,200 dollars. It has chrome wheels, and a carriage top.

Now, I was suprised to see the Towncar is newer, with less miles, and a better price. Which is really better?

I like the looks of the 95 Deville, it looks great. The 96 Towncar looks standard, like anyone and everyone drives it. Both have air ride suspension...

Can anyone tell me anything about these cars? I know a bit about the Deville so far, but I dont know much about the Towncar. I am just trying to do some comparison shopping at this time.

The only plus for the Towncar is the RWD, controls on the steering wheel. The pluses for the Cadillac are the looks, guages, and Cadillac name.

Thanks!

Since your post is a year old you have probably made up your mind. I have both a 1995 DeVIlle and a 1996 Towncar. My Towncar had 45,000 fewer miles than the Caddy. If I did not do my own repairs, the Caddy would have cost well over $4,000 in repair jobs at the dealership this past year. My only expense with the Towncar was to replace the driver's side window motor for $350. The Caddy actually gets better highway mileage (28 mpg vs. 24 mpg), but I need to use premium gas. I have a lot more confidence in the Towncar than the Caddy, but I may be prejudiced since I've owned 5 Lincolns and this is my first Caddy. The Caddy is more stylish, but that wears off after a few months. Give me function over style anyday.

i know this is old but i wana put in my 2c
i say town car
but i would get a contie insted

Members online

Back