1994 air ride problem

dhack61

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I hope there help out there. cant seem to figure this one out. I have a rear air ride strut that is leaking. I think. The problem is that I can get the car to fully infalte the strut turn off the air ride and it will sit for days with out leaking. Drive it with the control still off and down it goes. I have soaped up the bag and dont see any bubbles but i can hear it when it does leak. Is it possible to have a selfsealing leak but then for it to leak under the added pressure of driving or is it something else Im missing.

Thanks
Dhack

dhack61 said:
Ok I hope there help out there. cant seem to figure this one out. I have a rear air ride strut that is leaking. I think. The problem is that I can get the car to fully infalte the strut turn off the air ride and it will sit for days with out leaking. Drive it with the control still off and down it goes. I have soaped up the bag and dont see any bubbles but i can hear it when it does leak. Is it possible to have a selfsealing leak but then for it to leak under the added pressure of driving or is it something else Im missing.

Thanks
Dhack
nope the leak is in the fold as most start that way.sitting still the fold and pressure keep it from leaking,but the up and down movement of the car opens it up and allows it to leak.pump it up turn off air ride.jack car off tires and then spray. you will find the leaker then.
john

Members online

Back