1987 Town Car 302 FI vacuum hose schematic

noppid

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a mess under the hood and alot of cracked dry rotted fittings. Some damage was already done by a previous machanic not putting stuff back, so I need to double check everything. I have repaired what is obvious, but I have no clue if this guy hooked up the hoses correctly though.

1987 Lincoln Town Car 302 Fuel Injection.

I'm trouble shooting a stumble when you first press the throttle and the car falls on it's face or stalls. Just a slight feather of the throttle will make her fall on her face. If she's cold she dies pretty easily, when she's warm it's not as prominant.

Does anyone have a vacuum hose schematic or a link to one?

Thanks and regards.

There should be one under the hood on the emissions sticker. Mine is on the fan shroud.

Try hooking a code reader up and see what it tells you. It might point you in the direction of the problem. You might have a bad TPS sensor. If it isnt working, the car will usually stumble badly on opening the throttle.

gadget73 said:
There should be one under the hood on the emissions sticker. Mine is on the fan shroud.

Try hooking a code reader up and see what it tells you. It might point you in the direction of the problem. You might have a bad TPS sensor. If it isnt working, the car will usually stumble badly on opening the throttle.

Thanks for the reply. I'll look for the sticker. I don't have a code reader, but I bet someone I know does.

Regards

I doubt that it is the TPS more probably the temp sensor

on the manifold behind the water outlet, (upper hose) unplug it and see, if it makes a difference, or not, is your check engine light on? it should be

Regards[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure a bud of mine unplugged the TPS and the car died. So he said it's working, I think.

The check engine light is not on, however, I need to check the bulb in the dash. I'm not sure if it is working or not.

I appreciate the replies and will try these things out soon. The more info I got the more I can do at once.

Regards

Members online

Back