1986 GTC help

melvis360

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a lincoln GTC it is missing the serial # plaque I was hoping somone may be able to tell me what # my car is buy the vin #. Any other help would be greatly appricated.

ebay 050.jpg

ebay 008.jpg

ebay 011.jpg

ebay 006.jpg

ebay 005.jpg

ebay 003.jpg

ebay 009.jpg

Welcome.

Nice score!

I cannot provide you with a C&C production number but I can verify your labels and badges and wheel part numbers.

Again ... nice score!

I'm VERY interested in a TON of pictures of this vehicle. I really HAVE to know how you came across it.

I replied to your email. Thank you for your interest. I had to put all my rare car projects up for sale on the bay. I hope this one dosen't sell as my subaru powered vw bug has a bid on it so I don't have to sell all of them now. I was looking forward to working on this car. I know people have been looking for front GTC bags to copy so If it dosen't sell I might be able to loan theese out for the cause. 1986 was the first year for the GTC wasen't it? It looks like it was built in Feb I was thinking it's probably an low # car. Too bad the plate with the serial # is missing. You can see where it was. I was suprised to see 15" wheels on it as well.

Also I am missing the front air dam. I read the body kit was reproduced. I was wondering if I could buy just that part and not a whole kit? And the hood ornament..... LSC didn't come with them and GTC were based on LSC's however this hood looks original.

Hello,

Congrats on being a fellow GTC owner.

1. No way to tell what GTC serial # unless you have the paperwork that was sent to the original owner by Cars & Concepts. The plaque came with a letter thanking each GTC owner for their purchase. The letter listed their car's VIN along with GTC serial number.

2. 1985 was the first year GTC was offered by Lincoln. (Mine is a 1984, unique story obviously...)

3. 16" BBS wheels were an OPTION on a GTC.

4. I see no-one has asked so I will. Does yours have any of the the Roush packages or just the C&C GTC appearance package?

Scott

By the way, John, It's great having you as my personal secretary when needed. It is greatly appreciated.:D

I believe it has the suspension package. The air ride does not currently work and I have not looked at it much since I got it home. I messed with the passenger window trying to see if it was motor or switch. I tried a good switch and nothing so I believe it is the motor. I also removed the trunk carpet as it was wet. car is solid though luckly. It has a rear sway bar that my lsc does not have I was not sure if it was there pan hard bar or not? What would you like pics of?

What would you like pics of?
Um ... how about ... EVERYTHING! :D

Shooting BEFORE pictures really should include everything. Don't think that any ONE component or accessory is less important (historically or cosmetically or functionally) than any other. The pan hard bar is GTC specific, yes, but it's just as important as the top mount for the strut (riveted or not riveted).

I looked today no koni's. however the car does show 190k on the clock it is possible someone replaced them with what is on there now at some time. How can I tell if the airbags are the gtc bags?

It's been a long four weeks since last we posted.

Stage One's are just as impressive/unique.

Have you taken those before pictures yet?

I've been holding my breath over here!

Think ReStOrAtIoN!

It's been a long four weeks since last we posted.

Stage One's are just as impressive/unique.

Have you taken those before pictures yet?

I've been holding my breath over here!

Think ReStOrAtIoN!

good luck on seeing a restoration, or him even posting pics. since its on craigslist now. what a shame.

OK.
I'm dense.
I looked on Craigslist under Fort Wayne IN and couldn't locate it.

Do you have a link for us Craigslist challenged collectors?

OK.
I'm dense.
I looked on Craigslist under Fort Wayne IN and couldn't locate it.

Do you have a link for us Craigslist challenged collectors?

its been about two weeks ago when a member over on the FvC forums posted it, i believe. i will look for you here in abit.

Thanks.

I want the car but transportation from Fort wayne, IN to Primos, PA would leave me with nothing to purchase the vehicle.

Members online

Back