1983 Lincoln : Mark Series Mark VI

Eye9FX

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]View eBay Auction Here[/size][/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1][/size][/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Description:[/size]
Rare find with oval opera windows, trip computer, FULLY loaded. 110,000 original miles. New heater core, power steering. Other recent additions: alternator, regulator, new set of Bosch Platinum+4 plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Basically a full tune up and then some. Complete Oil & Lube done 100 miles ago including rear differential lube. All new belts on front of engine. All filters are fresh and new. Fresh 4 coat wax and detail job. [/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Features a GREAT set of Big-O® Legacy™ Tires[/font]

• [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Free and Clear Title[/size][/font]
  • [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Clean CarFax™ Report[/size][/font]
  • [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Car has only had 2 owners[/size][/font]
  • [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Has the classic American ride[/size][/font]
  • [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Oregon has NO sales TAX![/size][/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am the second owner. The original owner was my grandfather. He bought it for my grandmother on their 25th anniversary. I have had it for 2 years now. Meticulously maintained…rarely driven.[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are 3 minor issues: 1 is that the digital read-out for the on-board system has not worked for years. I was planning on getting a new one installed, but never got around to it. 2nd, the vinyl top has a few blemishes and could use a replacement. 3rd and final, There is an issue with the transmission. May need to be rebuilt...could be something minor. I am not a mechanic. Engine runs great and is in superb condition (particularly after all the work mentioned above was done). Other than that…it’s a beautiful car from an era where they knew how to make cars.[/font]

View eBay Auction Here

The engine was actually replaced at 50,000 miles. My grandmother decided to go for a drive after it was sitting for a while (they were on vacation)...and the car had no oil in it. The engine froze and my grandfather decided at that time to drop a new one in it. At the same time...he also had the tranny rebuilt (not sure why...he says if the engine is going to be new, he wants the rest of the drive train to match up with it). So...it has a newer engine in it that has just undergone a full tune up and major service.
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]As far as the problems with tranny...I am not sure how to describe it. It won't shift out of 2nd gear. Gets up to about 25mph. This just happened 2 weeks ago. Before that...it was a smooth shifter. Not sure what could have caused it. As stated before, I am not a mechanic. Could be something very simple to fix. I was going to have it fixed and continue to enjoy this car...however my wife won't let me fix it (She hates it...I love it. I'm sure some could relate...*grin*).[/size][/font]

View eBay Auction Here

Members online

No members online now.
Back