1982 help with timing/tdc/firing order

mark82

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a 1982 lincoln continental mark vi and I can't seem to get it cranked up and running after I changed the plugs and wires. I know the firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 but I think it mite need timing correct. These distributors on this 302 cfi motors don't twist like the chevys do so I'm a little lost how to set timing or find TDC. The distributor has a marking of the number I got a 1982 lincoln continental mark vi and I can't seem to get it cranked up and running after I changed the plugs and wires. I know the firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 but I think it mite need timing correct. These distributors on this 302 cfi motors don't twist like the chevys do so I'm a little lost how to set timing or find TDC. The distributor has a marking of the number 1 on it but it's positioned at the 10 o'clock position and I thought it suppose to be at least on the 1 o'clock position?? The rotor has a arrow stamped on it but where does that arrow supposed to be pointing at correctly??
20231128_145753.jpg
20231203_160119.jpg
20231203_160129.jpg

I don't know how much you know about cars??

Go back to the basic's?? Put no. 1 cylinder at TDC. The get the rotor inside the distributor to point at cylinder 1 on the cap. Then it comes down to having the right wires run to the right plugs.

Do you know how to find TDC and no. 1 cylinder? And where no. 1 is on the cap?

Yes but does the arrow on the rotor supposed to point to the 1 that's stamped on the cap?

The eec iii system I'm not use to, so I guess the timing is controlled by the computer?

Members online

No members online now.
Back