1981 town car - rarest ?

John Hubertz

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an absolutely mint 1981 TC with 80 k miles and knew the original Wixom assembly team leader/owner who passed last year.

I'm curious about production data - also this car has a very unique oversize ASC sunroof - may have been dealer installed but it is magnificent (all electric, illuminated controls)

If I recall from my early years with Ford as a field engineer for Lincoln, the 1981 was a late-intro car, low production, and I'm wondering if the factory Wixom-installed roof wasn't offered till 1982.

Anyone knowledgeable on this model?:D

I just purchased an absolutely mint 1981 TC with 80 k miles and knew the original Wixom assembly team leader/owner who passed last year.

I'm curious about production data - also this car has a very unique oversize ASC sunroof - may have been dealer installed but it is magnificent (all electric, illuminated controls)

If I recall from my early years with Ford as a field engineer for Lincoln, the 1981 was a late-intro car, low production, and I'm wondering if the factory Wixom-installed roof wasn't offered till 1982.

Anyone knowledgeable on this model?:D

im not a expert but i though only difference for 1981 was it became its own car. My buddy had a 80 that said Continental Towncar and i thought in 81 it became just the Towncar? I dunno those are my favorite ones though . THey had little details that made it lincoln.

Members online

No members online now.
Back