1978 Town Car Window Problem

78_TownCar_460

LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the continental section too but afterall it is a continental town car.

My left rear power window stopped about halfway down last night. The switch no longer controls the window. The switches are fine, and when toggled, I can hear the motor running, but nothing happens. The glass is aligned. What do you think the problem is? I took the panel off, but you can't see the window motor. It is on the bottom of the door and there is no accessibility. Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this on their 74-79 Continentals?

Hi 78_TownCar_460

78_TownCar_460 said:
I posted this in the continental section too but afterall it is a continental town car.

My left rear power window stopped about halfway down last night. The switch no longer controls the window. The switches are fine, and when toggled, I can hear the motor running, but nothing happens. The glass is aligned. What do you think the problem is? I took the panel off, but you can't see the window motor. It is on the bottom of the door and there is no accessibility. Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this on their 74-79 Continentals?

I think This is what you are looking for.

Regards

Dereck

Members online

Back