1974 Lincoln Continental

kg7yc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the 1974 Lincoln Continental?

Dad had one with white leather int. and maroon paint. It had a unique speedo that resembled a thermometer with a horizontal white tube filling with red as speed increased. A touch sensitive ring around the inside of the wheel triggered the horn and you would simply squeeze.

Not a Mark IV.

Anyone?

Yeah,

Those are really cool speedometers. I know I saw one in a 72' Continental, and I can't remember exactly but my friends 77' TownCoupe might have the same thing or something slightly different. For sure those are really cool.

64-66 T-Birds had a similar Speedo. Very cool.

The horns were great until you forget they were there and accidentally squeezed the wheel - scared eh crap out of me a couple of times.

The speedometer style you're describing, usually called a ribbon speedometer, was used on all the "regular" (non-Mark) Lincolns from 1966 through 1977. The "rim-blow" steering wheel was used on both regular Lincolns and Marks 1970 through 1974. It was available as an option on some Fords and Mercurys during the era as well, but it was the standard steering wheel on the Lincolns.

kg7yc said:
Has anyone seen the 1974 Lincoln Continental?

Dad had one with white leather int. and maroon paint. It had a unique speedo that resembled a thermometer with a horizontal white tube filling with red as speed increased. A touch sensitive ring around the inside of the wheel triggered the horn and you would simply squeeze.

Not a Mark IV.

Anyone?

Barry? Hey, Glad to see you signed on. Gonna be at the Pavillions Sat.?

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back