1947 Cadillac

Limey

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just about to buy a 1947 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 special.

Any opinions?

When I looked on eBay.com and eBay.co.uk there were absolutely none. Maybe quite rare then?

now thats a Land yacht!!!!-not sure how "rare or valuable" it is but there are not many cars (any make or model) around from the late 40s -how much and what kind of condition is she in

Difficult for me to give you a price as I'm in England but a dollar equivalent would be about $14,000. That probably sounds a lot to you but bear in mind what it's cost the previous owner to ship over here.

Condition is very good. Not perfect, but good. The interior has been re-trimmed but the chrome and paint is supposed to be all original.

I'm actually buying it from a dozen photo's and a telephone call (don't try this at home kids) so i'll know more when I get it!

Well, I bought it. Had it delivered. Engine was real sweet.

Drove it about 5 miles & Bang. Removed head yesterday to find I could move number 8 piston up and down the bore by hand.

Oh dear...

Well, I bought it. Had it delivered. Engine was real sweet.

Drove it about 5 miles & Bang. Removed head yesterday to find I could move number 8 piston up and down the bore by hand.

Oh dear...

Hmmm, this thread has a working title in the making called "labor of love..."

Congrats on the find and getting it home. Best of luck getting the car back on the road soon...

:cool:

Thanks for that.
Trouble is I have to get everything in from the states of course and old Caddy stuff aint cheap. A full rebuild kit is about 4 times the price of a chevy one!

I heard that!
Take heart in that the engine design you have is the same one used in tanks from the WWII era. From that perspective, one can take pride in historically preserving such fine machinery.

Thanks for that.
Trouble is I have to get everything in from the states of course and old Caddy stuff aint cheap. A full rebuild kit is about 4 times the price of a chevy one!
hows that 60 special and where is she now?

Members online

Back