19" Foose rims on ebay

The Foose wheels are the correct bolt pattern. I have the 18 inch Foose Speedsters on my car. I have the 245/40 tires on my car so the only thing I am not sure about are those tire sizes. If you want to see some pics you can go into my picture gallery.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these, but I'm also concerned about the tire size and wheel width. These wheels are 19x8.5, and I'm wondering if that extra .5 in width is also going to cause problems.

The seller is also not posting the offset. I know that jk and maybe a few others are running this model of wheel on their LS, but is it a safe assumption that the Speedster 5x108 will always be the same offset? If so, what is it?

TRU

As long as that's the only offset they come in for 5x108, then I'm probably good.

Of course, there's also the risk that something could be wrong with one or more of these wheels (bent, etc). Anyone have any tips in trying to deal with purchasing a set of wheels through Ebay? I'm a little wary of doing that.

I did go out and check an online wheel distributor, and it looks like the Speedster 19x8.5 fit the LS just fine. The tire size that came up as recommended in a wheel/tire combo was 245/35/19, so maybe the 255's wouldn't be too bad - although I need to factor my Eibach's into the equation.

TRU

245/35/19 is ideal for the fronts.

You can run a slightly larger tire in the rear.

Depends on whether or not you are lowered.

Sorry, I like the bolts on them - whether they're faux or not (don't know if these rims are tru 3-piece or not). They're probably a pain to clean, though.

JK, any insight to what you have to deal with in cleaning these puppies?

I think I'm gonna email the seller and see if he knows what the offset is, and try to get up close pics of the tire sidewalls (rubbing inspection).

TRU

Ask the seller what the offset is. It's a number on the back side of the wheel next to the letters "ET". My 19x8.5" Mille Miglias were "ET 46" and I ran 245/35s all around. with no issues. Thought about going to 255s outback, but wanted the ability to rotate them.

Sorry, I like the bolts on them - whether they're faux or not (don't know if these rims are tru 3-piece or not). They're probably a pain to clean, though.

JK, any insight to what you have to deal with in cleaning these puppies?

I think I'm gonna email the seller and see if he knows what the offset is, and try to get up close pics of the tire sidewalls (rubbing inspection).

TRU

They definately are some nice puppies. They look to be in pretty good shape also for the price. I would definately hop on those if the size thing works out.

Yeah definately make sure from seller since they are used wheels that there are no scuff marks or anything that could possibly be dented or bent.

The cleaning is fine except for the portion of the wheel with all the bolt areas. That area is hard to keep clean because dirt will creep in there. But if you keep on them each week when you wash the car there should not be problems.

Of course, there's also the risk that something could be wrong with one or more of these wheels (bent, etc). Anyone have any tips in trying to deal with purchasing a set of wheels through Ebay? I'm a little wary of doing that.

I bought my last set of rims off ebay and they were mint and saved about $3600. I think if one of the rims were bent you could file a claim through paypal and get a refund.

Heartbreaker alert -

Auction is ended. The seller had an offer pending while I was trying to find out more about the wheels. He ended up only taking $500.00 for them, so the buyer got a really good deal. I was going to offer him $600.00 if the offset checked out. :Bang

Oh well, guess I wasn't meant to get them. At least I don't have to break any bad news to the wife on how I spent even MORE money on this car. I can look forward to sleeping in my own bed a little while longer. ;)

TRU - wheelin' the blues

GODDAMNIT. I saw this auction like a week or two ago when he wanted like $1,200 I thought about offering him $600 but I figured he'd think I was just low-balling him.

Heartbreaker alert -

Auction is ended. The seller had an offer pending while I was trying to find out more about the wheels. He ended up only taking $500.00 for them, so the buyer got a really good deal. I was going to offer him $600.00 if the offset checked out. :Bang

That guy got a hell of a deal.

GODDAMNIT. I saw this auction like a week or two ago when he wanted like $1,200 I thought about offering him $600 but I figured he'd think I was just low-balling him.

Haha that sucks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back