• 18 in the back 17 in the front

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • not straggerd

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

saint777

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i got a black/black 97 lsc and the factory chrome octs ar starting to pit through the iner wheel well so insted of replacing them with the factory POS, I will be buying some after market wheels. I got my heart set on some black deep dish with a polished lip, some nice low mantance wheels. I just need to hear so pros and cons of ether 18 inch or 20's what would be a beter choice for my everyday driver, you can even give me your opinions on what looks beter on the marks, some pics of your rides with some slamin 18 or 20s would kick ass too! thanks Steve.

I like 20x20.

DSC00740.JPG

I would get 19's all around for that exotic look if you can afford it, tires are expensive though.

I have had 2 different sets of 20s. I ended up selling both sets for 18s! looks good and rides alot better!

thanks guys I would love to get 19s but there is not a big selection of them. If i go with 18s will they rub and if not, will i have to lower my springs due to the low profile tires I am slapping on them? 20s seem like there too much of a wheel for the mark for some reason. no?

18's all around and if you want something like a staggered look just get slightly bigger sidewalls in the rear with wider rear wheels. Also if you want staggered, you wont be able to drive the car much unless you got enough money for tires every time you need a rotation.

19's wouldn't be to bad, and as long as your not looking at all the cheap ass companies you should find allot of them. But I would still say 18's.

Hi guys i got a black/black 97 lsc and the factory chrome octs ar starting to pit through the iner wheel well so insted of replacing them with the factory POS, I will be buying some after market wheels. I got my heart set on some black deep dish with a polished lip, some nice low mantance wheels. I just need to hear so pros and cons of ether 18 inch or 20's what would be a beter choice for my everyday driver, you can even give me your opinions on what looks beter on the marks, some pics of your rides with some slamin 18 or 20s would kick ass too! thanks Steve.

these are 19's just to give u an idea

Forum_Picture_3.jpg

Master Picture 1.jpg

20's for sure, 18's are too small in todays world.The car is screaming for more rim.Look at the wheel well.Kinda like the chargers.The bigger the wheel the better.I just bought some ruuf racing r280 in 20's and i think they could be bigger.I am just putting them on now so i dont know about ride quality.You can go with a bigger wheel and it does look sporty and not always Pimpin.18's are good ONLY for hondas and sunfires and vw's.We drive a rear wheel drive 300plus hp ride.Put the good wheels on- leave that small stuff for the 1990's

ruff.jpg

I agree with mespock, the mark is a muscle car not a pimp wagon!

18s all around and just widen the tires in the back!

car show2.jpg

:blah: :blah: :blah: If i go with 18s will they rub :blah: :blah: :blah:

What do YOU think? :p

I have had 2 different sets of 20s. I ended up selling both sets for 18s! looks good and rides alot better!

Don't put Wagon Wheels on your Mark VIII... Keep it no larger than the 18's....

20's for sure, 18's are too small in todays world.The car is screaming for more rim.Look at the wheel well.Kinda like the chargers.The bigger the wheel the better.I just bought some ruuf racing r280 in 20's and i think they could be bigger.I am just putting them on now so i dont know about ride quality.You can go with a bigger wheel and it does look sporty and not always Pimpin.18's are good ONLY for hondas and sunfires and vw's.We drive a rear wheel drive 300plus hp ride.Put the good wheels on- leave that small stuff for the 1990's

You're a t00l.

It's a LUXURY Sports Coupe, not a damned SUV!

I think I'm just burning up keystrokes here, you probably have no clue about unsprung weight and rotating mass.

20s look ridiculous.

I went with 17" but don't go any larger than 18".

Does 20's look ridiculous on the new mustang or maybe the charger or maybe another killer street ride?Does it look ridiculous on a foose custom?Does bigger wheels make a custom ride at SEMA or the autorama(riddler award)look like an suv.T00l - you a damn fool frogman
just check out the rides in the picture sections and that will tell ya right bra.18' are alright.There is some fine machines with them on but 20's is killer.

I'm a fool because I know oversized wheels don't belong on cars that were never designed for them?

I'm a fool because I know something about wheel functionality?

I'm a fool because I know better than to put a 20 inch wheel on a car and then wonder WTF happened to my ride quality and why the car handles like crap?

Yeah. I'm a real big fool there, Sparky.

You are only taking into account the bling-Bling factor. Who cares about functionality, right? Hell, it's only a Lincoln. It's not like it was designed for a nice comfortable ride, right?

Let's throw out those little facts called rotating mass and the like. Who needs only a bit of unsprung weight? Hell, lets make the wheels out of Lead! They'll hold the car down better!

You go ahead and get those 20 inch wheels, and then admit to yourself you screwed up. You'll look GOOD!... and feel like you're in a horse carriage.

Why do you think a lot of the LS guys get 20 inch wheels and then want to trade them a couple of months down the road for 18's? Surely it's not because they are making their LSs ride like a wagon, and handle even worse. Right?

There are a lot of cars out there that look good on 20's and hell, even do well on 20 inch wheels. Alas, the Mark VIII's started being built 14 years ago, when 18" wheels were the aftermarked craze, like the 20's and up are now. Do you suppose all those "fine machines" you mentioned, do you suppose the engineers took into account 20 inch wheels and compensated for them by altering the suspension geometry? Naaaah, righ? After all, it looks like all you're after is Bling-Bling.

Do you actually think that 14 years ago, (actually, more if you count design time), the Mark VIII suspension engineers foresaw the day when MYTURN (that's you, in case I didn't lose you after the first two sentences, and you're actually still reading) wanted to put 20 inch wheels on his ride 14 years down the road because he saw them on the new Mustangs and Chargers, and they thought "Hmm, maybe we should design this suspension to accept 20 inch wheels in 14 years. Yeah, that's a good idea. Wait... 20 Inch wheels? That'll never happen on cars!"?

Oh, and as I've told you before, (I know, you're probably not bright enough to remember), complete sentences, correct spelling and even a semblance of sentence structure will make people actually read your rants, and maybe even agree with you insted of just thinking "awww, he must be mentally challenged. Let's not say anything to him, he might start to cry."

Now please, you bore me. That, and I really don't like doing battle of wits with unarmed people It's just not fair, nor is it fun.

I only carry cowgirls (mostly), cowkids (my own) and the occaisional cowboy.
Not a whore to be found :)

who the fuk cares...just put whatever wheel and tire combo on youre car that makes YOU happy. There are pro's and con's to each wheel and tire combo out theyre.

First of all, Frogman is by far my favorite poster on this site - my friend you made me giggle my ass off here at work!

Second, I don't know what "unsprung weight" is but I'm guessing its an automative term, so I wont go there.

Third, in my professional oppinion (I'm an ME), 20" rims are a terrible idea for this car. As weight gets pushed further from the center of mass in the weel, the torque required to turn them increases.

(Radial Distance(ft) * Force(lbs) = Torque(ft.lbs.)), so as weight increases at a further distance from the center of the weel (both larger rim and larger tire will do this), the "moment of inertia" for the wheel increases as well. From a performance aspect, a larger rim takes more torque to turn, literally robbing your car from torque that could be used to make it move forward more quickly.

20" rim is for looks, period. Everything about your ride is going to suck more with them.

17"-18" wheels will still rob you of some torque, but much less. These will also provide enough sidewall for a decent ride, and will also probably improve most aspects of handling.

In my not-too-professional oppinion, very large rims (20"+) look pretty gaudy on the Mark.

Froggy i will make you mad everyday of your life because i will post after you and make you upset.The good thing about me is i am stupid and it really doesnt bother me.I also dont read that much so dont post big words.Way to be a real jerk.There is always more than one way to skin a frog.Your voice is not the number one, take a breath and look in the mirror and change- its okay to change

you dont think supercharger, turbocharger, heads, intakes, exhaust, gears, etc etc doesnt change your ride in certain areas.All sacrifices.WHY didnt lincoln go with light weight titanium in a 12" rim where the tires will absorb the road bumps also.LOOKS

Wait... YOU'LL make ME mad? Bwahahahahahaha!

I beg to differ. Should I post a screenshot of the PM you sent me? The one you were so pissed off at me in that you couldn't even type properly? Ok, I know, you can't properly type anyways, but your rant contained BAD typing... even for you. Who's the one demanding I stay out of your posts? Certainly, it wasnt me who demanded that.

If your being stupid (at least you admit it) doesn't bother you, then what was up with your senseless PM?

My voice isn't number one, that's for sure. But my "voice" as you call it will make you out to be a t00l every... single... time. That whole battle of wits thing... which, obviously you sorely lack the skill to do.

I don't see how performance parts like the ones you listed will change a car's ride qualities... But I'm sure you can tell us.

Man, I feel bad ripping into mentally challenged people....

Members online

No members online now.
Back