18" Rial Porto Wheels-What do you think?

Justin00LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a set of wheels for a while. I'd really like a set of Jaguar Vulcan 5 spoke 18" wheels but I have not seen a set in over a month that is for sale. I want something that looks "stock", and I was found some 5 star 19" Volvo XC90 wheels with the correct offset, but I found out that they were nearly 40 lbs each!

I found these Rial Porto 5 spoke wheels that fit the LS. Here are the specs:

Offset: 47mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-108
weight: 25.5lbs

rlayxj.jpg

The LS currently has stock wheels on it.
262b7ms.jpg

How do you think this 18" Rial wheel would look on a black LSE with 245/45/18 on the front and 275/40/18 on the rear?

Those look great, but are they available in 18x9.5 or so for the rear wheel and also what is the offset for the rear one.

Also, do they come in 19s?

Unfortunately these are not sold in a staggard set, and they are not available in 19" size either. A 275/40/18 tire will fit fine on the rim since it is an 18-8" wheel, but do you think I will have issues due to the offset of only 47mm? (275/40/18 on the rear only) I believe stock offset is 60mm.

I believe that the price is extremely reasonable at $180 per wheel, but I also am afraid that they may bend easily or the paint may start chipping within a year or so...

They look good I like them. With a drop they should look big enough. 275 on an 8 inch wide wheel is kinda pushing it. It's not gonna look right I don't think. I wouldn't go over a 255.

They look good I like them. With a drop they should look big enough. 275 on an 8 inch wide wheel is kinda pushing it. It's not gonna look right I don't think. I wouldn't go over a 255.

I have 255s on the stock LS wheels and I think they look fine. I think the stock wheels are a 17-7.5"??? The LS doesn't really need a 275, or heck even a 255, but I just love the appearance of a meaty tire on the rear.

BUMP!!!

for good choice of wheel

many LS owners put ugly chrome rims on the LS's and just kill the look

i say go for them!!!!!

=D

255 is maximum I would go, 245 is the correct one for 8" wheel. 275 is gonna look way out of place. You can try, but gonna look nasty. Offset of 47 is fine. I don't see why they would be chipping. I think tirerack.com sells them too and their stuff is really good.

Just go 245/45/18 on all of them, or 255/40/18.

BUMP!!!

for good choice of wheel

many LS owners put ugly chrome rims on the LS's and just kill the look

i say go for them!!!!!

=D

that second set is the ticket. nice find @ 214 per 19" wheel

And to think, I was wondering if anyone on this site had good taste in aftermarket wheels! I don't know if some people really like the wheels they put on their car, or if it's one of those decisions that goes like this... "well, they're 20" wheels, they fit, and I can afford them, let's do it!!" :shifty:

Unfortunately these are not sold in a staggard set, and they are not available in 19" size either. A 275/40/18 tire will fit fine on the rim since it is an 18-8" wheel, but do you think I will have issues due to the offset of only 47mm? (275/40/18 on the rear only) I believe stock offset is 60mm.

I believe that the price is extremely reasonable at $180 per wheel, but I also am afraid that they may bend easily or the paint may start chipping within a year or so...

i have 235's...on an 18x8 wheel...dont know the offset...i can look it up...i also have the Eibach but thinking about going with the other....i have the Verde Koas...incase anybody wants to do some research on the offset...

And to think, I was wondering if anyone on this site had good taste in aftermarket wheels! I don't know if some people really like the wheels they put on their car, or if it's one of those decisions that goes like this... "well, they're 20" wheels, they fit, and I can afford them, let's do it!!" :shifty:

I agree! Ok, Now I am down to two wheels.

rlayxj.jpg

size: 18-8"
Offset: 47mm
weight: 25.5lbs
price: $181 each, $724 set
VS.

2e14t4n.jpg

Size: 19-8.5"
Offset: 40mm
weight: 26.5lbs
price: $214 each, $856 set

My concern with the second set is that they are 19" wheels, and the tires will be much more expensive than 18". Also, I am concerned about ride quality, and would like to have as much sidewall as possible, and 18" wheels will allow me some more sidewall. I am not looking to drop the car with either set of wheels.

Then you should definitely go with the 18" wheel.... That way, when I go to get some 19" wheels, I won't be copying you! :p :D

Mark

Then you should definitely go with the 18" wheel.... That way, when I go to get some 19" wheels, I won't be copying you! :p :D

Mark

Copying? I'd LOVE to see a set of either of these wheels on an LS. I think both would look awesome, and plus it would help me decide which ones look best for my taste!!:D

Copying? I'd LOVE to see a set of either of these wheels on an LS. I think both would look awesome, and plus it would help me decide which ones look best for my taste!!:D

I know what you mean. My thing was, with my old SVT Contour, I put on a set of wheels and then posted pictures on the forum. A year later, 20 people have the same wheels. BLAH!! lol

Mark

And to think, I was wondering if anyone on this site had good taste in aftermarket wheels! I don't know if some people really like the wheels they put on their car, or if it's one of those decisions that goes like this... "well, they're 20" wheels, they fit, and I can afford them, let's do it!!"
01LSVT is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

idk it seems thats wat everyone does with any kind of car ....

sometimes it makes me think that im weird for not liking the rims other people have ........

I am loving both wheels, but I like the lip feature on the second one. I mat actually have to pick them up.

The 19" modas are the way to go. With some 255/40/19 tires it's gonna be badass.

The 19" modas are the way to go. With some 255/40/19 tires it's gonna be badass.

I agree on the Modas but you will not fit a 255 wide tire on a 8" wheel with a 40mm offset under the LS. You will DEFINITELY rub. 245 will be the widest you can go.

then 245/40/19 will do no? or 255/35/19?

No 255's at all on that offset, 255 will need a 45+ offset. I ran a 245/40 for a fatter look but you can also run a 245/35 for lower profile.

I just put the 285/35 rear tires on my car today. Ill have pics up later once I get home to my digital camera.

I am going to go with the 18" Rial Porto wheels for a few reasons. The tires are much cheaper in 18", the ride quality will be better than with 19", and I think it looks the more like a stock wheel than the moda's.

I would like the widest and tallest tire I can fit for a good ride. I'm guessing 255/45/18 for front/rear is the biggest I can go on this wheel? I'd really like a wider tire on the back...

I would love 275 rear, 255 front, but I think I may have to do 255 rear, 245/235 for the front. Or I could put 255 on all wheels.

decisions...decisions...

8" wide wheels
255 45mm offset
265 50mm
275 55mm

That is my opinion based on experience having tried the 255's on a 42mm 8" wide wheel. I had to shave down the area where the rear bumper attaches to the car body to get 255's on a 42mm offset wheel.

Members online

No members online now.
Back