14.587 @ 95.19

bigpappy33

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well ran my best time yet at the track, i had some bad times last time (couldnt break into the 14's) and wasnt expecting this, my previous best was a 14.8. I think the difference was i let the car sit and cool for almost an hour, and since its getting near winter time its not as humid here in FL. the temp at the track was in the low 70s.

i could scan the slip but ill just type it out.

R/T... .698
60'... 2.205
330... 6.225
1/8... 9.466
MPH... 75.93
1000... 12.247
1/4... 14.587
MPH... 95.19

I think my 60' is what also made a difference this time, my other pass i hit a 2.330 and ran a 14.727. if i keep hitting the 2.2s or maybe even hit a high 2.1 i can improve a little. Im still stoked that my 4 door lincoln ran that fast.

Way to go, man. Would be nice to get some better short times outta these cars. Such is life with a car with no low end. :D

Congrats again!

Very good time. Nice to see another Gen1 moving this well.

You are right the 60' is the key to getting lower. If you can hit a low 2.1 you'll be safely in the 14.4s. A high 2.1 you'll be right on the edge 0f 14.4-14.5.

I hit 2.1s nearly every time now, just takes some practice. With the 4.10s hoping low 2.0s.

Very good time. Nice to see another Gen1 moving this well.

You are right the 60' is the key to getting lower. If you can hit a low 2.1 you'll be safely in the 14.4s. A high 2.1 you'll be right on the edge 0f 14.4-14.5.

I hit 2.1s nearly every time now, just takes some practice. With the 4.10s hoping low 2.0s.

Yea i was losing faith after my last time at the track i couldnt even break into the 14s, but cooling it off REALLY helped. now ive got the track bug again and will be going back soon to try and improve. my good friend just got a 2001 cobra, and my roomate has an 01 SS, so ive got no excuses now.

I gave you some pointers on launching...right?

Yea. on the 14.5 i didnt brake rev it at all. i did on my second pass but i did it too high. I didnt remember where you said to rev it to, so i pushed it up over 2 grand lol. next time ill try it around 1200 rpm haha.

Yea. on the 14.5 i didnt brake rev it at all. i did on my second pass but i did it too high. I didnt remember where you said to rev it to, so i pushed it up over 2 grand lol. next time ill try it around 1200 rpm haha.

It wants to jump up some with just a little gas, just a slight touch seems to do the trick to me. Also I've grown used to this so I'm consistent with R/T too. But one thing is for sure I've never had a good 60' loading it up against the brake.

what is the best launch method for a 00'ls8? all i have done motor wise is flows and removed resonators. i have 20's and pretty fresh kuhmo tires...

Members online

No members online now.
Back