13.113 @ 104.31

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Event: SSoTN Fall Nationals
Place: Cecil County Dragway(MD)
Date: 11/23/08

1st run was spinning all the way thru the 60' and ended up being a 13.447 @ 102.66 with a 1.958 sixty foot. Not bad considering the track was cold as ice.

Next run the car hooked awesome. I knew it was a 'good run'. When I got the timeslip it registered a 13.180 @ 103.50 with a 1.868 short time. Now we're talkin'! :)

Then followed a string of somewhat inconsistent runs due to traction issues with a 13.3, 13.4, 13.2 and then a 13.4.

Time for a break.

When I went back out, track conditions had improved and I started with what would prove to be the best of the day.

R/T - 0.017
60' - 1.856
330' - 5.405
1/8 - 8.372 @ 82.79
1000' - 10.944
1/4 - 13.113 @ 104.31 :D

The remainder of the day was all 13.1s and 13.2s, never quite getting the magical 13.0s, but certainly enough to show that 13.1s was no fluke.

15 runs total and most of the sixty foot times ranged from 1.85-1.88. Trap speeds pretty consistent at 102-103+.

I had expected 13.3s, maybe a high 13.2, but I would've never guessed 13.1s. :)

LOL, must be that dang density altitude thing, the car's the same as it was running most of the year except at Joliet when it was in street trim.

JP needs the "Tiffany Mod"!!!

that top secret mod dropped nearly .2 off my cars best ET and .4 off Stone17's best ET.

JP has run 104mph before just not consistently... congrats on having the fastest known NA Mark VIII!

Thanks all. :)

Yeah, I think with the "Tiffany mod", the car would've seen 12s. :D

JP, unless you weigh 300 lbs the Tiffany mod would not get your car into the 12's.

You don't know a lot about the Tiffany mod do you?

shakes head... NOPE.

I dont weigh 300lbs and she dropped .2 off my cars best ET.

She only weighs 100 lbs less than I do..
which only accounts for roughly .1 of the "Tiffany Mod".

To prove it wasn't a fluke.. she did it with MY car and Stone 17's car.
dropped .2 off mine and .3 off his.

Both cars were ran on the same day at the same track under the same conditions, only changes were to "remove the driver" and insert the Tiffany Mod.

The Tiffany Mod is "nuthin to sneeze at" bro, it's better than Geno's "top secret" mod..

as the tiffany mod is a "daily driver mod" that wont hurt your motor if you "leave it modded"...like the LMS top secret mod will.

*grins*

Thanks all. :)

Yeah, I think with the "Tiffany mod", the car would've seen 12s. :D

Definately!

Need to get your butt down here.. one day. (one can hope?)
Plan a spring or fall trip.. and come get that 12 second timeslip.

Reality just soaked in and I realized that your now a "FULL SECOND" faster than my first gen's best time... and I wont even bring up how much of a turd my second gen is.

Doubtful it'll EVER see a sub 14 second pass...haha

Keep up the great work JP, now more than ever I am following your progress as my racing days/budget is non existant any more.
I will be watching for your next update.. with great anticipation.

P.S. I am not using my "luck" in 2009, feel free to borrow it anytime.

Tiff said she wants to send a little luck your way as well.
So you have 2 helpings of "crazy 8's luck" to work with for 2009!

GO GET EM JP!!!

P.S. I am not using my "luck" in 2009, feel free to borrow it anytime.

Tiff said she wants to send a little luck your way as well.
So you have 2 helpings of "crazy 8's luck" to work with for 2009!

GO GET EM JP!!!

LOL, I'll do my best.

Thanks for the well wishes. I may get one more chance at the track weekend after next if the weather cooperates. If not, we'll be tinkering with it in the garage over the winter getting ready for spring. ;)

Well then she simply knows how to launch these cars better than most. I know for a fact no one would know how to launch my car better than I but she would still run a better time than I would because of the weight difference. Of course I stage shallow and know all the drag racing tricks (tire pressure etc).

BTW..your car scared the sh*t out of some kid when they were handing out the awards at SSHS8. I was standing there where they were selling the t-shirts waiting for the 50/50 and you came around, started a burnout and I thought this kid was gonna jump out of his undies. lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back