12V source from rearview mirror

loveLSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this?
I think Quick mentioned that he did this.
there's wire that goes from rain sensor to the mirror, would it be possible to use that as a power source? Im thinking about getting a Val 1 and putting it up there. i dont like having cord hanging down to cig lighter.
Any ideas?

Damn. It's good to be back to the forum.
I needed a LvC rehab. I was good for awhile but now Im back.
Gotta buy that aluminum intake tube from Ken.
Im also thinking about getting the A-pillar for voltage gauge and DPIC.
Damn it! I hate you Ken... :p

does anyone have DPIC? it's like G-tech pro but it comes in 2-1/4 gauge style.

LoveLSE

When you get the V1 it comes with a wire that is long enough for you to run to a fusebox. I slid the wire in the headliner and ran it down the passenger side A-Pillar. Then I tucked it between the dash and the bottom of the A-Pillar to get it to the passenger side footwell fuse box. I just located one of the fuses that is an accessory requiring the key to be on and spliced it there. Pretty simple.

Exactly. Run your harness to your fuse box. Then use a Littlefuse Add-A-Circuit and you're good to go.

I wired my radar detector into the harness at my mirror. Nothing to it. I even pulled the female pin slot out of the mirror's plug, soldered to that, put it back into the plug, plugged the plug back into the mirror and I'm good to go. It's a 12v switched hot. I don't recall which wire. I'll try to get a pic of it tommorow.

It is super easy, switched, and has been running like that for like 3 months with no problem.

Installed:

DCP_2981.JPG

Here is a full article on it. I hope it helps anyone attempting to do this.

Attachments

• How to Hard Wire a Radar Detector into your Lincoln LS.doc
    382.5 KB · Views: 302

Members online

No members online now.
Back