12 speakers but where located... only found 8

lsemex04

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
They been telling me that my ls has 12 speakers but i only found 8 of them please help find them.. thanks!!!!

lincoln lw.jpg

But seriously,
Two in each door. (You have four doors, right?)
Two in the center console (if you have that option).
Two sub-woofers in the rear package tray (if you have that option).

Some LS's have component sets in each door consisting of a woofer and a tweeter. Thats 8 and two in the center console and two in the rear deck. Thats 12.

Some LSes have component sets in each door consisting of a woofer and a tweeter. That's 8 and two in the center console and two in the rear deck. That's 12.

ALL LSes have two speakers in the door. The Alpine and THX systems have component plate speakers and the base system has 2-way paper whizzer cone speakers. Even the base system has 8 speakers the way Ford counts.

in other words there are 8 on the doors (speakers and a tweeter), 2 for your knees cuz you know your knees need to bop to the beat and the 2 in the rear deck so thats 12. the THX removed the 2 in your knees since you dont have ears there and it dont improve the sound at all. and btw if you remove the HU then you lose the 2 knees speakers.

2 for your knees cuz you know your knees need to bop to the beat and the 2 in the rear deck so thats 12. the THX removed the 2 in your knees since you dont have ears there and it dont improve the sound at all. and btw if you remove the HU then you lose the 2 knees speakers.

the two speakers "for your knees" are not to improve the quality of sound, they make use of the DSP that is built into the OEM radio to give certian effects (like to mimic sound from a live hall or venue)

also just because the speakers are at your knee level, doesn't mean that your ear cant hear them perfectly well. as far as time alignment and directionality, that location is as close to a mirror match at it could get compared to the main speaker in the door location, which put it at just about the same level, and at the same distance away from you ears as the main speaker.

Members online

No members online now.
Back