12.1'' color touch screen carputer

E30Newbie

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
PSC Falcon 4620 12.1" color touch screen vehicle computer. This would make an excellent in car computer for anyone looking to run a standalone engine management. I have used it in my home now for a few weeks and it run’s perfect without any issues at all. This will come with everything needed to run/mount in your car and in your home. I am also including an already installed wireless add-on for wireless internet. Keyboard and mouse included as well. New pricing is $6350. This was a model used on the display for trade shows.
Price is $850 U.S. Dollars O.B.O.

Here is a link to a new unit
http://www.nationalbarcode.com/psc/PSC-Falcon-4620-Pricing.htm
PSC Falcon 4620 Features
• 12.1" TFT Color touch screen SVGA display
• Powerful 800MHz processor
• Choice of Microsoft Windows operating system
• Internal DC power supply
• Rugged milled aluminum enclosure
PSC Falcon 4620 Specifications
Dimensions
• 12.5"(w) x 10" (h) x 2.5" (d) / 31.75cm x 25.4cm x 6.35cm
Weight
• 9.3 lbs
Display
12.1" (30.7cm) diagonal, TFT Color, 800 x 600 SVGA, 420 NITS Resistive Touch Screen
Construction
• Enclosure: Precision Milled Aluminum
Electrical
Power Supply
• 9-36 VDC Internal Power Supply
• 18-55 VDC External Power Converter
• Internal Lithium Battery Backup (BIOS & Clock only)
Power Consumption
• 25W average; 40W maximum
Environmental
Temperature rating
• Operating: -4F to +122F (-20C to +50C)
-supports intermittent periods at 30C (-22F)
• Storage: -22F to +167F (-30C to +75C)
Humidity
• 10 - 95% RH, non-condensing
System
Operating System
• Windows XP Embedded
Processor
• VIA C3 800Mhz
Storage
• Hard Disk 20 GB, 2.5" ATA/IDE
Memory
• 128 MB RAM Standard
• 256 or 512 MB RAM Optional
• 256KB Flash (BIOS)
Sound
• PCI Audio (line input and outputs)
Graphics
• 32MB Video RAM
Communication Ports
• 2 Serial ports RS 232C (115 Kb/s max)
Com 1: 12VDC on pin 9
• 2 USB 1.1 A (USB Floppy or CDROM Boot Support)
• 1 Ethernet 10/100-TP, RJ45
• 1 Mouse/Keyboard port (PS/2)
• Buzzer, Mic, CD in and line out stereo
Speaker
• Internal Beeper: 85dB @ 10cm

Pictures and video of actual unit:
074.gif

075.gif

076-1.gif

077.gif

Vehicle mount
rotational.gif

Video
th_073.gif

Please feel free to call/PM/Text/ or email with any questions.

Ryan 541-513-8940

Pretty cool standalone PC, but a little expensive for a Car PC. Not to piss on your thread, but anyone can build a significantly higher performance system than a 800MHz C3 and 128mb for half the price... I also think 12" is a bit big for a Mark, might do well in an LS though.

Pretty cool standalone PC, but a little expensive for a Car PC. Not to piss on your thread, but anyone can build a significantly higher performance system than a 800MHz C3 and 128mb for half the price... I also think 12" is a bit big for a Mark, might do well in an LS though.

Not too piss on my thread, yet you do? Wierd. Also this is posted in the general classified I thought. My mistake for posting it in the "Mark" section. I will repost to help ya out..........

Not too piss on my thread, yet you do? Wierd. Also this is posted in the general classified I thought. My mistake for posting it in the "Mark" section. I will repost to help ya out..........

If you want my unmoderated opinion on using that as a car PC at the price of $850, by all means let me know. Your new price is significantly more reasonable. And I know you posted it in general classifieds, maybe you're new but I'd think you'd know that almost all the people on this site are Mark or LS guys.

If you want my unmoderated opinion on using that as a car PC at the price of $850, by all means let me know. Your new price is significantly more reasonable. And I know you posted it in general classifieds, maybe you're new but I'd think you'd know that almost all the people on this site are Mark or LS guys.

I dont want your opinion, but thank you for the offer. I honestly do appriciate it. I just want to sell this bad boy.

I dont want your opinion, but thank you for the offer. I honestly do appriciate it. I just want to sell this bad boy.

If you post stuff for sale you will get opinions.

Here is mine, good luck selling anything with a total of 16 posts.

If you post stuff for sale you will get opinions.

Here is mine, good luck selling anything with a total of 16 posts.

In all fairness you are correct, on both points. Honestly, I am used to a few (most) other forums where there are rules guarding against this type of situation. Rules that keep for sale threads on track by not allowing opinions, badmouthing, or anything other than direct product questions by interested buyers. This is not most other forums, clearly.

No hard feelings towards any of you, I am just used to a more moderated group that offers assistance rather than banter. I will put my effort elsewhere.

Thanks guy's.

In all fairness you are correct, on both points. Honestly, I am used to a few (most) other forums where there are rules guarding against this type of situation. Rules that keep for sale threads on track by not allowing opinions, badmouthing, or anything other than direct product questions by interested buyers. This is not most other forums, clearly.

No hard feelings towards any of you, I am just used to a more moderated group that offers assistance rather than banter. I will put my effort elsewhere.

Thanks guy's.
also remember that on many other forums,you would not be qualified to post for sale threads yet.

Rules that keep for sale threads on track by not allowing opinions, badmouthing, or anything other than direct product questions by interested buyers. This is not most other forums, clearly.

That's true, this isn't most other forums. The regulars are a pretty tight knit group of folks here, and we don't want to see another member get a raw deal - from a newbie or another regular. So yes, opinions are allowed... But by all means, stick around and post all you want, it's free to post and who knows you might get a sale or information you need or whatever.

PSC Falcon 4620 12.1" color touch screen vehicle computer. This would make an excellent in car computer for anyone looking to run a standalone engine management. I have used it in my home now for a few weeks and it run’s perfect without any issues at all. This will come with everything needed to run/mount in your car and in your home. I am also including an already installed wireless add-on for wireless internet. Keyboard and mouse included as well. New pricing is $6350. This was a model used on the display for trade shows.
Price is $850 U.S. Dollars O.B.O.

Who in hell would pay 850 (yes, I see you've lowered your price to 500), let alone, $6350 for one?

The hardware is antiquated at best:

• 12.1" TFT Color touch screen SVGA display

SVGA? Really? That's so...1989

• Powerful 800MHz processor

I have cell phones with more processing power.

• Choice of Microsoft Windows operating system

Is that really the best choice?

• Rugged milled aluminum enclosure

Rugged and Aluminum don't go together when talking about portable computers unless you're talking about a Toughbook.

• 9.3 lbs

Almost 10 LBS? Damn, Gina!

• Hard Disk 20 GB, 2.5" ATA/IDE

20 GB? So, you can install Windblows and...? Solitaire? Again, I have mere cell phones with more memory.

Memory
• 128 MB RAM Standard
• 256 or 512 MB RAM Optional

Um.. yeah. Let's run Vista or even XP on 128MB or System memory.

• 32MB Video RAM

Holy crap! A whole 32MB? Dude! That's some serious video memory! That much memory will make that machine scream!... if you decide to play pong, on it..

I'll give you $100 for it, if nothing else for the quaintness factor of the unit. Because anything more than it being quaint, is just not worth it. And you know it.

That is not a carputer. That is a tablet PC that is designed to run in harsh environments, off of a DC power supply... Sorry.

As it's been mentioned before, for $850 you can build a carputer that will make that tablet look 3 generations older than the tablets Moses used to bring down the 10 Commandments.

~Goes back to playing with his cell phone~

Who in hell would pay 850 (yes, I see you've lowered your price to 500), let alone, $6350 for one?

The hardware is antiquated at best:

SVGA? Really? That's so...1989

I have cell phones with more processing power.

Is that really the best choice?

Rugged and Aluminum don't go together when talking about portable computers unless you're talking about a Toughbook.

Almost 10 LBS? Damn, Gina!

20 GB? So, you can install Windblows and...? Solitaire? Again, I have mere cell phones with more memory.

Um.. yeah. Let's run Vista or even XP on 128MB or System memory.

Holy crap! A whole 32MB? Dude! That's some serious video memory! That much memory will make that machine scream!... if you decide to play pong, on it..

I'll give you $100 for it, if nothing else for the quaintness factor of the unit. Because anything more than it being quaint, is just not worth it. And you know it.

That is not a carputer. That is a tablet PC that is designed to run in harsh environments, off of a DC power supply... Sorry.

As it's been mentioned before, for $850 you can build a carputer that will make that tablet look 3 generations older than the tablets Moses used to bring down the 10 Commandments.

~Goes back to playing with his cell phone~

Damn Frog, you still kill me.. I go away for a few months and come back in and see your still at it... Lol nothing like the feeling of being home.. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back