11.4 @ 122 mph on 255 drag radials

95sc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Me and my brother Mike just came back from US41 and Mike's Vortech blown 98 LSC run 11.4 @ 122 on all 4 stock wheels with 255 BFG drag radials. You guys should see the look:eek: :eek: on some people faces when they saw stock looking Mark VIII on stock chrome wheels running 11.4 at almost every pass . Videos are coming soon

here is the best run

Derek

Congrads on the nice runs. Those tires really have grip in them. What tire pressure were you set at?

Thats just amazing! I wish mine could do that. When I saw that mustang my first thought was, awwww that poor mustang doesnt know whats about to hit it.

Good stuff, dude. That thing fuggin' HAULS!!

Tell your boy to come to the next Southern Super Heavy Shootout event next year in Georgia. :D

Good run, seems like you are making a little more than 470rwhp with 122mph.

Does the car have any weight reduction? Because when my car had 450whp 3500 stall and 4.10's it went 12.20's at 117mph (Mine is 4270 with my 200lb ass in it)

Thanks all of you for good comments again

Congrads on the nice runs. Those tires really have grip in them. What tire pressure were you set at?

Thanks,I think it was around 15 psi.

congrats on the run you have set the bar once again for us mark owners.
Thanks,
His goal is to run 10s on drag radials in spring time.

Good stuff, dude. That thing fuggin' HAULS!!

Tell your boy to come to the next Southern Super Heavy Shootout event next year in Georgia. :D

Thanks,we should attend few meets next year

Good run, seems like you are making a little more than 470rwhp with 122mph.

Does the car have any weight reduction? Because when my car had 450whp 3500 stall and 4.10's it went 12.20's at 117mph (Mine is 4270 with my 200lb ass in it)

This dyno tune was on the Dynopack machine,so it should be making close to 500 rwhp on the dynojet.His plan was to get 500 rwhp that day but the car started running out of fuel badly after 6600 rpms,so they had to make a safe tune and set the shifts at 66-6700 rpms.I don't think that car is making much more than that he's only running 3.2 pulley on the vortech which pushes 11.8 psi at 6700 rpms with stock heads and cams.He used to run 11.7 at 120 mph with 3.5 pulley at 7-8 psi.Car has some parts removed like spare,jack ac condenser but the blower added some weight so it has to weight pretty close to stock.We found out some problems when we got to the track,with shifts set at 6700 rpms he was running out of gear before 1/4 mile marker and had to shift into OD.His art carr TC is dying and it doesn't fully lock up.I'm pretty sure with more fuel,right TC and shifts bumped up to 72-7300 rpms this car will be very close to 10's

Btw Here are couple more videos of Mikes car at US41

vs 408W auto Fox body :DVideo:D these were two first test runs without methanol to see how the car feels after new mods.

vs our friends Peter 96 Gt with ported and pullied 03 cobra engine and trans.:DVideo:D

Derek

You said it was on unported heads and stock cams. So any info on what he has on the bottom end, like what pistons and rods he is running?

You said it was on unported heads and stock cams. So any info on what he has on the bottom end, like what pistons and rods he is running?

He found a pretty good deal on mustang forums couple years ago.He paid around $700 for a cobra forged crank, Manley pistons and Manley rods The guy was selling all his bottom end because he was going with stroker bottom end.Another good thing about it that it was from a same car so everything was balanced already .Mike got the block .020 over at the local shop , bought all the bearing and put the engine together by himself.So,he has less then a $1G in his bottom end and probably around 150 passes at the track on the engine and everything works great ,so far.

It's like the american dream. Good job man. Now if we could only get raodboss to run that POS of his and video tape it.

Wow you must have some TQ converter slip, My best 1/4 mile with 4.10's and a 3500 stall PI converter was 129mph and I was at exactly 7000rpm with MT 26x10.5x16's.

Wow you must have some TQ converter slip, My best 1/4 mile with 4.10's and a 3500 stall PI converter was 129mph and I was at exactly 7000rpm with MT 26x10.5x16's.
TC is dying and doesn't fully luck up any more.What kind of power adder you're running?

TC is dying and doesn't fully luck up any more.What kind of power adder you're running?

Basically Built motor, trans and rear, Intercooled S-Trim at 16-17psi.

Edit: Full Street trim, pump gas, a/c ect.. 19"s up front 16 snowflakes with slicks on the back.

Basically Built motor, trans and rear, Intercooled S-Trim at 16-17psi.

Edit: Full Street trim, pump gas, a/c ect.. 19"s up front 16 snowflakes with slicks on the back.

Cool,do you have any videos of your beast going down the track?

Members online

No members online now.
Back