100,000 mile tuneup?

CaddyMaster

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 94 Seville is at around 86,000 miles but I put a lot of miles on the car quickly and expect to hit 100,000 miles this winter.
I don't want to dish out thousands of dollars for a tuneup if it is not necessary. My car runs like new with no problems except for a minor oil leak.

What happens when the car reaches 100,000 miles?
Does it stop running?
Do lights flash?
What should I expect?

Would it be feasable to do portions of what is required for the tune up at different times?

Thanks for any advice. :feed

Last edited:
Well first off if you do the work yourself, you'll save a bunch of money.
But Here is what you should do (at least for the lincoln but its almoust the same engine)

Spark Plugs
Wires (if it uses them)
Fuel Filter
Change Coolant
Change Transmission fluid
Change the Air Filter

All in all you should be down about $300

it for sure won't quit at 100k! lol

my previous cadillac had 208k and was still going strong when i sold it.

-dave :cool:

maxmk8 said:
Well first off if you do the work yourself, you'll save a bunch of money.
But Here is what you should do (at least for the lincoln but its almoust the same engine)

Spark Plugs
Wires (if it uses them)
Fuel Filter
Change Coolant
Change Transmission fluid
Change the Air Filter

All in all you should be down about $300

:iagree:

It can be cheaper. Just shop around. . .

As preventative maintenance, you might want to look into changing the timing belt/chain. I just looked up that you should have a 4.9L V8, and the price of a 3 pc timing kit is $54 from where I found it. I'm almost positive it's a chain but I don't know most Caddy's too well. Better to know that it's good for another 100,000 than to have it fail on you at 3,000 RPM.

Im gonna go ahead and second the captain on that one, if you dont do it now you will be changing a belt at 120. But not becuase you want ot.

Im also gonna add to maxmk8's list.
Grease the suspension and balljoints
PCV valve
change power steering fluid

The last one seems a bit much, but if you are used to old fords, those pumps make that fluid so nasty it barely works.

wouldnt be a bad idea to check over the fuses and grease any body joints or hinges, those checkstraps can get kinda funky and while you are at it shoot a little alcohol followed by wd40 into the door locks to keep them moving and in working order.

It's a chain, and 100K miles is a little early but it's not too bad. You mentioned that it's a Seville, if it's the base Seville, it's got a 4.9 and WILL need a timing chain/gears etc., but if it's a STS, it's got a 4.6 Northstar and they have chain tensioners (no chain/gear change required).
I'd also suggest a water pump, distributor cap & rotor, belt, and belt tensioner.

Members online

No members online now.
Back