1 year ago today

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
1 year ago today i got my license! One year, and 49,000 miles without a ticket or accident! WOO HOO! My insurance should go down. (yeah, i know...thats a lot of miles, not all on the mark)

keepin track of miles must be his favorite past time :joke , Mr. Wilson i wouldn't look for your insurance rates to go down anytime soon, congrats to you.

My insurance should go down

BWHAHAHHAHAAA! Don't expect a noticeable discount until you turn 25; and that's with NO tickets and NO collisions. Good luck... :biggrin:

I've got underwear older than you. 49,000 miles in one year? Wow! I used to drive half of that and I felt like I lived in my car.

barry2952 said:
I've got underwear older than you. 49,000 miles in one year? Wow! I used to drive half of that and I felt like I lived in my car.

:I

I remember back when I was young like him. Damn, those were the days. . . Hahaha

Originally Posted by Sifrino3
:I I remember back when I was young like him . Damn those were the days. . . Hahaha

barry 2952, are you going to let him get away with that comment. :biggrin:

1 year ago to night 8:43PM my frend Chris lou was killed in car crash at 96MPH. A wet road and a bend in the road. he was 18.

barry2952 said:
I've got underwear older than you.

Finally, you come up with a great quip.

Barry, I have another guy that I hope is joining the board. He is funny as all get-out, with a VERY sharp wit. I'll PM you if he joins up.

dertyclown sorry to hear about your friend, i know how it feels i lost three close friends in high school to auto accidents.

barry2952 said:

ahha, lol.

You live in NJ. We pay out the ass for insurance, and it won't go down much for quite a while. I'm 23 with a clean record since 18 and I fork $100 a month for liability on 2 vehicles.

Are you kidding me? My son is 20 with a clean record since 16 and pays over $3k a year for liability on one car. He basically works to pay for insurance.

gadget73 said:
You live in NJ. We pay out the ass for insurance, and it won't go down much for quite a while. I'm 23 with a clean record since 18 and I fork $100 a month for liability on 2 vehicles.

Sifrino3 said:
:I

I remember back when I was young like him. Damn, those were the days. . . Hahaha

:q:q:q:q you're only 18 Sif - Damn back in the day!! you little babe!! :N

Guy has a kid and what you get grey hair LOL :Beer

Congrats - Mr. Wilson!!!

mespock said:
:q:q:q:q you're only 18 Sif - Damn back in the day!! you little babe!! :N

Guy has a kid and what you get grey hair LOL :Beer

Congrats - Mr. Wilson!!!

Well, no hair. I ripped it all out. Damn kid! Hahahaha Married life is tough. . . Haha

pepperman said:
dertyclown sorry to hear about your friend, i know how it feels i lost three close friends in high school to auto accidents.
Thanks man
Chris was not the first and won’t be the last it did make me look at street racing in a new way. We have our own way to deal with the loss. I went back to chitown last night. We (me and a few guys) stole the new light post the city put up, and dragged it as far as we could. Then pushed it in a pond and got drunk as hell. it was like he was still there, Chris would have loved that.

pepperman said:
barry 2952, are you going to let him get away with that comment. :biggrin:

What was there to be offended by?

Just a little story about insurance. When I got engaged (back in 1971) my fiance (who is still my wife) suggested that I put my '68 Firebird in her name to take advantage of the fact that young women had much lower rates than young men.

I thought it was a great idea. My premiums dropped from $600.00 a year (a ton of money in 1971) to $250.00 a year. Boy, did we think we were smart. About two weeks later I get a letter from AAA making me an "excluded driver" on my own car.

Luckily, I had a full time job as an apprentice electrician and I got to take the truck home at night. It sucked going out to dinner in what looked like an old bread truck.

We got married in 1972 and AAA dropped the exclusion. I had actually found a good reason for getting married.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Dertyclown. Our friends lost their 19-year old son to inexperienced driving recently. He also went wide on a curve and tried to get the tires back on the road but got caught in that common drop-off between the asphalt and the gravel shoulder. He yanked the steering wheel too hard and put the vehicle sideways. He got tossed on the first flip and landed on his chest. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt because it didn't work. His parents had given him the money to fix it the day before, but he decided to blow off the repair and class and was on his way to go fishing when the accident occured.

Please don't take this as a lecture but your destruction of public property didn't do your friend any good. In fact, your parents and you will pay for the damages in higher taxes. Sorry, I never understood defacing property as fun.

last year that night it happend and we just went and did that, and his mom was so happy to see that in the paper that she asked us to do it agen.

Members online

No members online now.
Back