1,100hp CTS

Gothicaleigh

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Lund Performance Cadillac put their supercharged CTS on the Bonneville salt flats for speed testing.

It uses the 3.2L V6 supercharged to 1100hp and hits 197mph at half throttle. So far they were just performing basic tests, but sound like they will return to break a few records after testing is complete. :)

I cant imagine what that car would do with 1100 hp.. its almost scary

Gothicaleigh said:
The CTS is a very good base for anyone wanting to create a high performance car.

11 second CTS:
I used to have a video of it on a dragstrip, but now I can't find it. Runs 11 seconds without slicks. Here's all I can find now:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-37483.html

Yeah, but doesn't the tranny blow up at right above the torque levels of the stock 3.6? That's one thing I never got about the CTS. Why make such a cool car, then put that anchor around its neck?

gedwardj said:
Yeah, but doesn't the tranny blow up at right above the torque levels of the stock 3.6? That's one thing I never got about the CTS. Why make such a cool car, then put that anchor around its neck?

LOL. You must be bitter that you didn't get a CTS. Over half of your posts are trolling against it. :N

It's a 5 speed Getrag manual that comes stock in the CTS. It's good for much more than what the 3.6L puts out. The 3.6L will be receiving a 6 speed version this summer.

Maybe you were thinking of the sport shift automatic?

Last edited:
I have doubts that they used the 3.2L engine for this. What makes you say that? The Oct '03 date?

I think it's a transplanted 4.1L V6 featured in another article which was twin turbo'd and also put out 1100hp.

george_in_portland said:
I have doubts that they used the 3.2L engine for this. What makes you say that? The Oct '03 date?

I think it's a transplanted 4.1L V6 featured in another article which was twin turbo'd and also put out 1100hp.

Because here is a pic of it setting up at the salt flats:
lund1100hp32.gif

That is obviously the 3.2L V6. The whole reason Lund is doing speed tests on the supercharger is that they plan on marketing it.

The supercharger that Lund uses has been released. The 'safe for production' version ups the 3.2L V6 to 340hp and 350 ft. lbs. of torque.

Of course, it's a simple enough mod to open it up to 1100hp for anyone crazy enough to want it (and the pocketbook to repair the resulting wear and tear on the driveline).

!!!!!

i must say i love my ls but still the cts a serious car.

i have an 04' CTS myself with a 3.6L V-6 but im a little disappointed that a 3.2 was used in this amazing car i only hear about 03 3.2's or 0.5's my caddy needs its shine anyone know of a similair product for use with the 04 3.6? if not im thinking to just drop a V engine in it anyone know the cost of that?

i would imagine that the 6.0 would be friggin expensive, but itd be worth it, lincoln needs to follow the example that bmw and cadillac have set

Its an LS6,I believe there around 8 grand for a crate LS6.

i think the lincoln mark 8 did 184 but the engine was stock

Members online

No members online now.
Back