08 MKZ factory keyless entry code?

Dukester

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got a 2008 MKZ and the card with the keyless entry code is not in the owner's manual folder. I didn't get the car from a Ford dealership and they wanted $50 to read the code out. So I figured I'd see if there was a way to locate it myself.

I saw a thread for an 07 MKZ which said the code is printed on a label on the vehicle security module and that the module is located to the left of the steering wheel up under the dash.

Anybody know if this is true or if not where I could find the code?

Thanks,
Mike

I knew that was one of the places Lincoln put them, but there isn't one on the MKZ I can find.

Found the code. You pull off the panel under the steering wheel, which is held on by four clips. Stick your head up under the dash and look just above the electrical distribution panel to the left of the steering wheel. Just above that panel is a sticker. On the right side of the sticker, you'll see five numbers which are larger than the surrounding text. That was my master code.

Here are a few I snapped today with my iphone while I was waiting.

Side.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

seats.jpg

dash.jpg

The outside styling is good for me, I like the angular lines. I think the inside is probably a love it or hate it for people. I happen to like the look and the way its laid out, but it may be too much dash for some.

And the cooled seats are just ridiculous with the AC on high, gonna be nice in the summer though down here in Houston.

Only thing I'm really thinking about adding is the remote start so I can have it idling for 4 or 5 minutes before I get in to cool it off.

On the high side, my V8 LS takes premium and got about 17 to 18 mpg and though it's early yet I got 22.5 mpg on my normal commute today in the MKZ and it takes premium. Doesn't have the grunt of the V8, but still pretty peppy when needed. I think I'm going to like saving $50 a month on gas.

I think I got a pretty good deal. I ended up at $19,900 for it. That was about $2k to $3k less than most of the other 2008s available in my area. It's got 26k miles and about 2 yrs of the 4yr/50k warranty left on it.

Overall i'm pretty happy with it.

Members online

Back