'08 Lincoln LS, We're finally getting somewhere...

StraDog

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I was just reading through Motor Trend while waiting at the Dentist's office. Ford/Lincoln has plans to go with a 4.4 Liter, 311 HP V8 powerplant with an available AWD in '08.
It's a small step forward for Lincoln, but there is ALOTTT more to be done if it wants to compete with anyone in the future.

the bigger engine is cool but the awd is a little overkill. i wouldnt buy the first year any vehicle that has a major change in the driveline.atleast not without a 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

l-m tech said:
the bigger engine is cool but the awd is a little overkill. i wouldnt buy the first year any vehicle that has a major change in the driveline.atleast not without a 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

I agree. Change it to RWD, and we might have something. But Ford doesn't know how to, obviously. They might actually get some sales !

StraDog said:
Well, I was just reading through Motor Trend while waiting at the Dentist's office. Ford/Lincoln has plans to go with a 4.4 Liter, 311 HP V8 powerplant with an available AWD in '08.
It's a small step forward for Lincoln, but there is ALOTTT more to be done if it wants to compete with anyone in the future.

Well at least it's something!

yea, 311 hp is really nice!
I guess they have AWD available since alot of people want that, I don't really, takes the fun out of driving!
also, when you have AWD/4WD, you take it for granted and won't know how to drive anything else, kills the gas mileage, and the parts are more expensive!
:Beer :steering

dont get your hopes up, knowing ford/lincoln... but mostly ford. they will scrap it just like everything else *cough* MarkX *cough*, because they dont want nothing competing with fords baby the rustang.

Members online

No members online now.
Back