07M07/07N09 extended to 2004 models

MDavis0424

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this came out a year ago for 2003 models, I just got the letter that my 2004 is now included in the 10 year / 100,000 mile coil warranty.

congratulations! I wonder if they'll keep going up the list...

My notice for 2004 LS states: Extend warranty replacement of coil assemblies and coil failure due to wiper motor bracket seal. Just a onetime replacement of water contaminated coil assemblies with the replacement of water seal. While not a problem with 2004, no mention of oil in the plug well and leaking VC, just water.

+1 for 2005. Also states one time coverage due to water infiltration from wiper seal. 10 yr, 100,000 mile

Wonder if I'll be getting one??

If you are the original owner, or not the original owner but have had warranty work done you should receive notice. If not you will still be covered 10 years from start date of vehicle service or 100K miles. If over 100K till the end of the old 4 year warranty.

I got my letter (second owner) before any coils went while in my posession. Turns out that letter arrived just in time as it was in the shop for one soon after. Just an FYI.

I got my letter (second owner) before any coils went while in my posession. Turns out that letter arrived just in time as it was in the shop for one soon after. Just an FYI.

Perfect!:wrench

My notice for 2004 LS states: Extend warranty replacement of coil assemblies and coil failure due to wiper motor bracket seal. Just a onetime replacement of water contaminated coil assemblies with the replacement of water seal. While not a problem with 2004, no mention of oil in the plug well and leaking VC, just water.

The way I read it there are two separate parts:

07M07 states that if the engine misfires due to a bad coil, they will replace the coil. Doesn't matter whether it was due to water, oil or just age, or how many times they go bad during the first 100,000 miles.

07N09 is the part where they will make a one-time replacement of the wiper motor seal and coil covers and all water damaged plugs and coils.

It does not cover the valve cover gaskets, so if there is oil in the wells you're on your own, but I haven't heard this is a big problem on the Gen IIs.

Members online

Back