06 LS with Engine Miss

Machspeed

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an 2006 Lincoln LS V8, with 62 K miles. It is babied and I have it serviced routinely. I noted the other day at a stoplight that the car seemed to have a miss, as I could feel it. The miss is somewhat irregular, meaning does not seem like a constant miss happening in a timely manner. On the highway if I give it a little gas such that it does not down shift, it is as if it lugs a little bit, almost seems as if the transmission is constantly shifting between gears up and down, but I note no excessive change in rpms indicative of shift change. The performance seems to be down a bit too. I get no codes at the dash. Thoughts???

how is this not a coil issue... what makes you think you shouldn't start there?

Really?
You've been here for eight years and you've not read anything about the #1 Lincoln LS V8 problem?

One or more (probably more) of your COPs (Ignition coils) is starting to fail. You need to replace all of them, and all of the spark plugs, ASAP.

Really?
You've been here for eight years and you've not read anything about the #1 Lincoln LS V8 problem?

One or more (probably more) of your COPs (Ignition coils) is starting to fail. You need to replace all of them, and all of the spark plugs, ASAP.

Actually, I highly suspected the coils, but was hoping for something else. Besides that, it is my understanding that the coil issue is not as great on my generation. Can you advise on replacement coils? Should the problem indeed be the coils, should I go back to stock coils or is there a better alternative?

I'm not sure where that "understanding" came from. The gen II doesn't have nearly as much of the VCG oil leak problem, but that was never the biggest reason for COP failure. I've had to replace them all on both my 04 and my 06. I'd use Motorcraft again.

I'm not sure where that "understanding" came from. The gen II doesn't have nearly as much of the VCG oil leak problem, but that was never the biggest reason for COP failure. I've had to replace them all on both my 04 and my 06. I'd use Motorcraft again.

And don't forget the plugs at the same time!!!!!

Members online

Back