06 LS V8 stalls after fill up?

LikeNew02

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My 06 LS with 50k miles has always run strong. Then last week with 30 miles to empty, I fill up with premium at a local 76 station. 2 minutes after fill up, I accellerate from a stop light and the engine stalls. I pull over and the engine starts up again, however, when a start drive the engine felt a little rough. Luckly, the Ford dealership was the next exit on the freeway.

Ford keeps the car for 2 days, can not find any codes, does extended road test(drove it like 75 miles) and says it runs great. Lastly, they updated the engine firmware. $140 for all that.

The car seems to be running fine now. Do you think I got some bad gas? Should I be concerned about this?

thanks

I would say bad gas...contaminated with water.

Wait... So they charged YOU to put 75 miles on YOUR car?!? :p

Yea, I would only raise true concern if it does it again.. And try to hit another station next time just to make sure..

If it were bad gas, it would have to be quite a bit of water in it.

When sloshed around, water mixes with the gasoline around it enough for most people to not feel it. When it sits for a while, the water (having a higher specific gravity than gasoline), will settle to the bottom and the operator of the vehicle will "feel" it when the engine don't run.

Members online

No members online now.
Back