06 LS PATS Code 11, having some diagnostic issues

gregdavid85

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.. having a PATS issue with my car. Been diagnosing and going through the poinpoint tests--getting pats code 11 from the security light/light sensor, and getting [B1681 | PATS Transceiver Module Signal is Not Received (Damaged, Not Connected, or Damaged Wiring )] --did most of pinpoint test I, and I noticed that forscan isn't showing the FEM module. I'm at the point in the pinpoint test where I'm supposed to have the FEM signal the instrument cluster, and it's not there. Think that the FEM could be the issue? Any help would be much appreciated!!

I am confused. The PATS transceiver communicates with the instrument cluster, not the FEM. The FEM is not even mentioned in the procedure. Exactly where are you at on the pin-point test? Procedure linked below:

Hi Joe, thanks for your reply! I'm at this part of the pinpoint test:

I10 CHECK THE PATS TRANSMIT CIRCUIT 8-GL36 (WH/RD) FOR CORRECT OPERATION
  • Connect: PATS Transceiver C252.
  • Trigger the instrument cluster active command RF_ SIGNAL to ON while measuring the voltage by back probing between the PATS transceiver C252-3, circuit 8-GL36 (WH/RD), harness side and ground.

The only thing that I could reference "RF_SIGNAL to ON" in the workshop manual was a command you could send to the FEM. I'm not sure how to trigger the instrument cluster active commands.

Turning the key to run should briefly trigger that signal from the cluster. I think that using an oscilloscope would be much better than trying to catch it with a voltmeter.

Everything checked out. Now it's time to find an instrument cluster and get it programmed. Last step in the pinpoint test. Fingers crossed it works.. or I'm chasing wires!

I should mention that the engine doesn't crank at all.. Key does nothing. Could it be the PCM? Seeing some rust water leakage around where it comes through the firewall

Members online

Back