06 Lincoln ls heated/cooled seat light only on for a sec

Danthaman927

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys so title says it all my driver side heated/cooled seat will not work when I press the button the 3 lights come on and go off ina second I was wondering if anybody has had this same issue I’ve been searching but nothing similar to what I’m experiencing I want to buy the part but idk what to buy

Do I buy the module
Do I buy the duct
Do I buy the blower motor
Do I need to change the climate control Panel

Can anybody please help me pinpoint the problem

Note passenger side works perfectly

You need to supply more information.
Remove the filter. Get someone to start the car and turn the seat heat/cool on while you are looking at the fan. Does it start at all?
If not: Gen II heated/cooled seat fan fixed for free!

If it does, then check for disconnected air ducts or crushed air ducts. If not that, then it's time for a Ford specific OBDII scan tool, like Forscan to read the codes from the seat module.

Heated Seats not working
How do you remove the seat to access the heated/cooled seat blower motor and etc?

You need to supply more information.
Remove the filter. Get someone to start the car and turn the seat heat/cool on while you are looking at the fan. Does it start at all?
If not: Gen II heated/cooled seat fan fixed for free!

If it does, then check for disconnected air ducts or crushed air ducts. If not that, then it's time for a Ford specific OBDII scan tool, like Forscan to read the codes from the seat module.

Heated Seats not working
How do you remove the seat to access the heated/cooled seat blower motor and etc?

It does nothing but show light when I press as soon as my finger releases the light shuts off so the fan is not starting at all

I clicked that link with the free fix but I don’t see in the picture what he’s actually fixing

And I found new seat ducts on eBay if that is the issue

It does nothing but show light when I press as soon as my finger releases the light shuts off so the fan is not starting at all

I clicked that link with the free fix but I don’t see in the picture what he’s actually fixing

And I found new seat ducts on eBay if that is the issue

So, you did look and verify that the fan is not kicking at all? If so it's nearly certain to be the fan itself.

I'm the "he" in the link. I disassembled the fan and found that the SMT fuse on the PCB was open. I replaced it with a wire shunt. You can do that if you solder. I'm guessing that you don't, since you don't see what I am talking about in the picture. In that case, you need the fan assembly. The cheapest that I see on e-bay is about $100, but you can get them from a pick-n-pull junkyard for much less.

So, you did look and verify that the fan is not kicking at all? If so it's nearly certain to be the fan itself.

I'm the "he" in the link. I disassembled the fan and found that the SMT fuse on the PCB was open. I replaced it with a wire shunt. You can do that if you solder. I'm guessing that you don't, since you don't see what I am talking about in the picture. In that case, you need the fan assembly. The cheapest that I see on e-bay is about $100, but you can get them from a pick-n-pull junkyard for much less.

Thanks for your help buddy I just got this gen 2 with 90000 miles near mint I’m not new to this car I actually had this car a gen 1 when I was a kid but just kept wrecking it lol I used to post alot on this site when I had it but I couldn’t get into my old account and don’t remember the email I used it was lacussmok

It doesn't look like it.
I can’t find the right one man you got a link or maybe I can ship mine to you and you could repair mine I’ll PayPal you for your services and shipping back of course let me know I’m determined to get this working

AFAIK, there aren't any new ones left. It's 4W4Z-19N550-AA.
I think you'll have to try a pick-n-pull place. The last time I was at the local one here, they had a couple.

I had the same problem. I got another fan from a Pick and Pull, installed it, and it now functions as it should.

I can’t find the right one man you got a link or maybe I can ship mine to you and you could repair mine I’ll PayPal you for your services and shipping back of course let me know I’m determined to get this working

Joe provided pretty good directions to understand how the blower comes apart and I see F1. That doesn't look difficult to replace with a 0 ohm resistor or bypass with a wire, and I agree with Joe that the circuit traces would open before there would be a real safety risk from not having a fuse installed. If Joe's not interested in performing the repair for you, you've confirmed the fan is not working, and you understand and accept the very slight risk of replacing the fuse with a 0 ohm resistor, I'd be willing to confirm the fuse is open and jumper it for you.

-Rod

Does anyone happen to have a picture of what 4W4Z-19N550-CA actually looks like? I've only been able to find an illustration, which isn't exactly helpful:
9d15accee1417101228176cd7d0ee44c.png

Members online

Back