06 Lincoln LS ECM Location

JamesB4115

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, New guy here with a question concerning my 06 Lincoln LS. Had 2 shops diagnose my car and both said had a bad ECM/PCM and it needs replaced. Before A1 will ship it they need the E.O number in order to verify its the right part so they can flash it and make sure its the proper ECM for my car. So I need to find out how to get to my ECM and find that number. Specifically what I need to take apart to get to it. Any help is appreciated.

2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Note that if you replace your PCM, your cluster and your keys (all of them, and must have at least two) will have to be "married" together before the car will even start. This requires a scan tool that can enter secure mode.

If your issue is transmission or misfire related, your existing PCM can be repaired and you won't have to go through the security procedure.

The details are all in the link I posted. Not sure how to be more clear than that.

I removed my PCM and sent it out to a shop in Illinois for repair. Got it back, reinstalled and 2 years later it's still going (cost was under $200). I followed the instructions in the link joegr posted above and all went well. There are a couple other things you can look up in deneau for cabin filter removal. You have to remove a bunch of parts on the passenger side of the engine bay (the cabin filter housing) to undo the harness, etc, and also part of the glove box inside the car to slide it out.

Last edited:
Reason I ask... is because it seems appearant that most individual shops get confused when it comes to the LS,,, or want to justify an "upcharge" for something simple. What are the symptoms diagnosed by others,,, that point to your PCM being bad???

Reason I ask... is because it seems appearant that most individual shops get confused when it comes to the LS,,, or want to justify an "upcharge" for something simple. What are the symptoms diagnosed by others,,, that point to your PCM being bad???

The first shop diagnosed it as a pcm because there were multiple codes thrown, about 20 in all and they ran a full body diagnoses and figured it was a bad pcm. Then they told me I need to run it through the dealership to make sure. And the dealership diagnosed it as a bad ecm/pcm as well.

You should probably check your COPs. If any are bad, they can do damage to the PCM (and then to the replacement PCM). They can also cause false trouble codes (but not 20 of them, AFAIK).

Members online

Back