05 Navigator grill on an 03?

IAS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im new here. I dont own a Lincoln, but I work at a Audio/performance shop who deals with all types of vehicles.

My question is, does an 05 Navigator factory chrome grill fit on an 03? I cant seem to find a direct replacement for an 03 thats a vertical chrome style. Ive tried Putco's grill which doesnt fit well at all.

Heres the look Im trying to go for.

05-navigator-hero.jpg

Hi, yes you can put any 2003-2006 grill on any of those same years, it is totally interchangeable. Very easy to do as well, 6 bolts I believe.

Just found out the grill I had pictured is not chrome, its plantum. :(

Anyone know of a full replacement chrome grill that will fit an 03?

Chrome Grill on '03+ Nav.

What are should ask your parts guy for is a factory chrome grill from a Nav that has the "Appearence Package". This package included the chrome grill, and a few other items that look nice.

This grill is likely available at any dealership and is easily installed in any '03+ Nav.

I have an '05 with this package and the chrome grill is a nice looking feature.

I've been wanting to update the grille and bumper on my Navi. If you get it done at a dealership, let me know how much it costs. :)

The only problem with OEM is that the "teeth" are only chrome on the black, and cashmire tri-coat color options. There is NO factory OEM grill that is chrome with chrome teeth. Either chrome with platinum or graphite teeth, OR black/cashmire with chrome teeth. (In 2006 they also included Silver birch with chrome teeth) The grills with chrome teeth run just under $400.00, I bought the black one for mine. Hope this helps everyone!

Sweet, Silver Birch is what I need. Thanks! :)

Oh yeah, do they install the grille for you, or are you on your own?
And do you have pictures of your car?

I bought a black one with chrome teeth and had it painted silver to match my 03 silver navi.

...and if anyone is interested - I have a chrome layover grill for sale for the 03-06 navi. It's yours for $200 + shipping. Retails for $275 I think. Let me know and I'll send you pics.

I don't have any pics of our Navi yet, but I will have some soon. I also did the grille exchange myself in about five minutes. No big deal, trust me.

chrome grill

Here's a pic of my 2003 Navigator with the chrome grill with matching paint. The truck is in the shop right now getting all the lower moldings painted silver.

03navi.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! My 2003 has had so many problems I honestly can not believe it made it to the lot. I put the grille on it because we were planning on keeping it and going to corporate with our problems, thinking they would fix it. They pretty much made a bunch of excuses and sent it to arbitration which we promptly lost. We only drive it once a week and are trying our best to get rid of it. The Monotone grille, Chrome exhaust tip, and Black licence surround housing are all up for sale if anyone is interested. Housing is new in the box. All three will fit 2003-2006 for sure. No pics as of this time. But I can send them.

Luebbe - I have a 04 cashmire & have had only 1 problem in 14 mo's!
Being Mr Anal I didn't like the gap of the side cladding on 1 panel & the dealer changed them all out & I've been happy since.

I really like the chrome look, can you tell me what the grey sides are costing to get painted?

Can you list a couple of the big items so I could watch out for them.

The only thing I wish is that the Navi had the acceleration of the QX56.

KSnav -

I got it done at this mom&pop auto collision shop by my house. I got referred to them; saying they do really good work. I got everything painted for $630. Before I found this place, I went to the local Lincoln body shop to see how much they wanted to charge and they said $1550! (I thought they were joking).

It turned out really good, I'll post pics soon.

Sorry for not posting sooner. Were do I begin? I have had the steering gear replaced, all four door seals replaced numerous times, shedlip replaced, all four door latches replaced, rear air-conditioning unit fell out of its housing and banged around in the headliner, tail gate motor did the same thing had to have the bracket replaced, transmission mounts replaced, steering lower steering column replaced, passenger axle leaking had to have it replaced, two front tires were "unbalanceable" had them replaced, all 4 rims started to corrode with little black circles bubbling up the chrome had to be replaced, drivers foglight filled with water had to have that replaced, rust on tailgate had to have repainted, drivers side seat has flattened out twice, this is an example of what has had to be done to my 2003 Navigator. Many of the problems they "fixed" are still there. My main issues currently are these
I took this to arbitration after about 10 months of dealing with the morons that work at the service centers telling me "It's a truck, what do you want me to do?" or "I don't think there is anything we can do, we are not miracle workers." I literally had two service managers tell me those things.
I had the previous work done between 17000 and 33000 miles. A total of 76 days in the shop. After that I just stopped caring and decided this vehicle was a lemon whether ford would own up to it ir not. Of course they did not and now I am $11,000 upside down in a car that I honestly don't believe will make it to 60000 miles. I have some serious reservations about ever buying a Navigator again. This is sad to me because even after all this, it is my dream car. These are my current problems:

All 4 of my doors literally shudder when I go over any sort of bump, I have never expeienced anything in my life like this. It is like the were installed inproperly or something.
The suv shakes/pulses badly at idle, doors shake very abnormal.
I have a very strange whirling schreeching sound at startup-my dad has been a mechanic for 28 years and even he can not diagnose it.
Also at startup or shutdown the engine will discharge a loud pop of air, kind of like back pressure or something.
My drivers side heating/cooling seat went out.
My advance track has been flashing recently.

I have talked to many, many 2003-2006 Expy/Navi owners and none of them said they expeienced anything like this. On my side of it Ford won't take my car on trade becasue the roll-over plus other car price is more than 115% of the loan value alloted for the dealerships. It's funny how the are your best friend til you sign the papers, then they have nothing to do with fixing the problems though it is under warranty. By the way according to Ford my car is performing normally, and even after they got copies of all 76 fdays in the shop,they only have record if 14 days. Funny, I would think they would want all the business they can get. I tell everyone I can about how this has went.
Also the issues I am dealing with still have been there since the second week I bought it-they can't diagnose the engine problems.

Everything I have listed is not everything, I just rattled off as much as I could off the top of my head. Let me know about yours.

Members online

No members online now.
Back