05 navigator front end on the ground??

bmaggard28

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have an 05 navigator ultimate that is 2 months old with 2600 miles on it. while driving today i notice it feels like i have no shocks. it's a real bouncey ride. within a mile a check suspension message comes on. i pull over, turn the car off and wait a couple of minutes (hoping it is something that just needs to be reset). I continue home (@4 miles). there is no longer a message, but it still feels bouncey. when i get out and look at my car, it is very very low in the front end. it looks like it is sitting on the tires. the rear looks normal. any suggestions? the nearest dealer is @ 20 miles away, is it safe to drive?

From what I've heard, you probably need to reset the air ride. Not sure where the shut off switch is on your 2005 but its behind the passenger side kick panel on my 99. My year tends to have problems with the backend doing the same thing and people have been able to fix it by switching it off then back on. If that doesnt work, I would think that you would be allright driving to dealership as your still covered under warranty.

Same thing happened to me with my Expedition. It's definitely the air ride, but was more than a simple reset...there's a part that went bad and it cost me $300 to replace, of course it wasn't under warranty at the time.

Try and reset the air ride first. It is in the cargo area drivers side.

do you hear the air susp compressor comming on? Its in the right front corner of the engine bay.

If its not comming on, it probably is broken, kinda low miles for it but i have seen it a few times already on the newer navs.

The other common thing is the front height sensor links popping off their mounts. Just did one today.

be safe, tow it to the dealer, thats why you have a warranty.

Jay

Members online

No members online now.
Back