'05 LS V8 firing order and coil installation?

tim6918

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew the firing order of the 05 LS V8 and how to install the coil packs. I have two that gone bad and I would like to replace them myself. I have seen posts regarding this on here, but I can't seem to find them. If you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Tim

I was wondering if anyone knew the firing order of the 05 LS V8 and how to install the coil packs. I have two that gone bad and I would like to replace them myself. I have seen posts regarding this on here, but I can't seem to find them. If you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Tim

firewall
4 8
3 7
2 6
1 5

Individual coils are replaced simply by remove-replace. There is no necessity for reference to firing order. Good luck!!
KS

Tim

Are you asking for the cylinder order, or the actual firing order? They aren't coil packs, they're COPs (Coil On Plug).
If you have less then 100K miles on your 05, then the coils are still under factory warranty, and the dealer will find and replace any defective ones at no cost to you.

I also have an '05 LS V8. I think one or more of my coils are going bad. How do I know? I am not getting any codes.But, I am getting a engine stutter at like 50 mph with a light throttle. I took it to the dealer once, and they couldn't find anything wrong. I'm trying to get them to replace the coils, but I can't if they don't find a problem with them. Thanks!

Members online

Back