04 THX Nav--Adding Satelite radio

Bruinzfan

LVC Member
Reaction score
As they say. Long time listener first time (or so) caller...or poster as it were.

Sorry if this has been covered. I have searched. I also apologize for it being long. Please be patient if you think you can help.

I set out to install my Sirius Radio that my Dad bought for me as a gift. I wanted to go the direct connect route. Through research i went to TSS Radio online and purchased their module stated for my car. FRD-03/Aux (I believe it is.). When i first installed it I looked on the radio NAV screen it added a button CDDJ. I had checked this before buttoning up the Radio. Shut every thing down and buttoned it up. Powered it back up...no cddj button. Long and the short after thinking there was a wiring problem, (mine). I realized it showed up intermittently. I call TSS, they were GREAT. Sent out a new module. Figuring the one i had was defective. New module, same problem.

This time I called PIE. They were GREAT! Went through some troubleshooting with me on the phone. Technician decided that my car was built on the cusp of needing a module with a chip for SAT not CDDJ. He sent out the chip for me to install. I did so...it didn't work at all. Not even intermittently. I installed it in my Dad's 06 and the SAT button shows up on the screen. Works flawless, and every time.

Bottom line. How do I have my radio reprogrammed to take the SAT input. I know my car had the SAT as an option. I think this is my answer, but am open to other suggestions also.

Sorry so wordy.

Aside--right now I have the module installed as well as the direct connect FM relay. So when the Module isn't recognized i at least can use the SAT still.

Thank you,

Keith

As they say. Long time listener first time (or so) caller...or poster as it were.

Sorry if this has been covered. I have searched. I also apologize for it being long. Please be patient if you think you can help.

I set out to install my Sirius Radio that my Dad bought for me as a gift. I wanted to go the direct connect route. Through research i went to TSS Radio online and purchased their module stated for my car. FRD-03/Aux (I believe it is.). When i first installed it I looked on the radio NAV screen it added a button CDDJ. I had checked this before buttoning up the Radio. Shut every thing down and buttoned it up. Powered it back up...no cddj button. Long and the short after thinking there was a wiring problem, (mine). I realized it showed up intermittently. I call TSS, they were GREAT. Sent out a new module. Figuring the one i had was defective. New module, same problem.

This time I called PIE. They were GREAT! Went through some troubleshooting with me on the phone. Technician decided that my car was built on the cusp of needing a module with a chip for SAT not CDDJ. He sent out the chip for me to install. I did so...it didn't work at all. Not even intermittently. I installed it in my Dad's 06 and the SAT button shows up on the screen. Works flawless, and every time.

Bottom line. How do I have my radio reprogrammed to take the SAT input. I know my car had the SAT as an option. I think this is my answer, but am open to other suggestions also.

Sorry so wordy.

Aside--right now I have the module installed as well as the direct connect FM relay. So when the Module isn't recognized i at least can use the SAT still.

Thank you,

Keith

I believe you need to add software. Shoot Andy (LobsenzA @ AncoAuto.com) an email. He will be able to hook you up with the correct part.

Members online

No members online now.
Back