04 LS Shocks

jwalker

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I hear chattering noise from the rear when I go over pot holes and the like. I think I may need new shocks. So, should I buy and install OEM shocks or look for another brand. I have 97,000 plus miles and plan on keeping the LS. Thanks for any in-put.

Most will saystick with OEM. There are only a few aftermarket ones for the LS and they suck in comparison.

I hear chattering noise from the rear when I go over pot holes and the like. I think I may need new shocks. So, should I buy and install OEM shocks or look for another brand. I have 97,000 plus miles and plan on keeping the LS. Thanks for any in-put.

The only option other than OEM is Monroe. The OEM shocks far exceed the performance of the Monroes. A set of OEMs (and at 97K+ miles you do need new shocks) will run ~$360+shipping from Max.

If you order today from Carpartswholesale you can get a set for about two hundred something dollars. They have 20% off orders over two hundred dollars. I need to order new shocks as well.

So I called a local Lincoln service depart and ask what it would cost for shocks and struts. OMG. New OEM shocks, struts and balance all four......out the door 925. Merry Christmas LS

thats waayyyy to much to pay for a simple swap you can do yourself...

So I called a local Lincoln service depart and ask what it would cost for shocks and struts. OMG. New OEM shocks, struts and balance all four......out the door 925. Merry Christmas LS

Balance what? Any independent shop should be able to change them for ~$60 per shock plus the price of the chock. I had (don't laugh; independent shops around here are getting few and far between) Sears do my rear shocks and they charge $60 per corner plus your shock. There offer a discount if you purchase the Monroes, but IMHO the Monroes are crap. Max can hook you up with shocks--------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>

Members online

No members online now.
Back