04 LS rear window regulator

The window regulators break because the rubber window seals bond to the glass over time. Then the motor pulls too hard and the white plastic parts break.

Cycling the windows now and again can help. You might notice that when using a window that does not get much use it's very common to get a loud "pop" when the window first starts to move.

agreed i get this loud pop sound because the rubber seals bond to the glass even if i cycleing the windows doesnt seem to help much after a few days same loud pop i can tell the window regulator works hard to try and pull the window down when this happens

my window reg wasnt really broken what happened was the wire got unhooked from the wheel and wrapped back around the wrong way which is how it got all bent and twisted

i'm guessing it got became unhooked due to too much pressure trying to bring the window down from the rubber seals that bond to the glass over time

agreed i get this loud pop sound because the rubber seals bond to the glass even if i cycleing the windows doesnt seem to help much after a few days same loud pop i can tell the window regulator works hard to try and pull the window down when this happens

my window reg wasnt really broken what happened was the wire got unhooked from the wheel and wrapped back around the wrong way which is how it got all bent and twisted

i'm guessing it got became unhooked due to too much pressure trying to bring the window down from the rubber seals that bond to the glass over time

I got this same issue with my Mountaineer, the front passenger is seldom (or never) used and suddenly it just broke. Same thing the plastic parts broke into pieces and wires got tangled.

On the LS, the rear driver side also broke (and it's seldom used) Luckily this is an easy fix since the pin that secures the glass just needs replacing. It's a very small part that I took off from a junkyard. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-200...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item3f28889b51&vxp=mtr

I made it a habit right now to press the FOB longer when unlocking to open up ALL the windows automatically at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back