04 ls just had the check transmission light come on

mikes04lincolnls

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2004 ls v8 with about 93,000 on it.. its just recently just had the check tranny light come on.. when i stop at a stop sign or red light [like only when it downshifts] the light will come on and it will turn back off when i get the car moving agin and it shifts fine though the gears. If the light is off the car shifts perfectly, but when the light comes on it sputters and shifts kinda :q:q:q:qty. not perfect. when the light is on i do not lose any gears, all 5 shift. If I'm on the highway the light won't come on. It mostly does it when I'm in the city and the trannys shifts a lot. It does through two codes witch are P0706 witch it shift solenoid C malfunction, and P1716 Shift solenoid 3 [SS3].
I've read that the ls has a lot of problems with shift solenoid pack.. I'm thinking about just replacing the whole pack.... :confused: please help thanks mike

Yes, replace the "whole pack." It's not like an option of replacing half the pack exists. It's one complete assembly, and only sold as such.
You should do this ASAP (and don't drive it again until you do). Otherwise, you are doing damage to the rest of the transmission.

Members online

Back