04 Lincoln LSV8 Shocks & Springs Labor Hours

theg1ft

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My LS just turned 130,000 today and I think it is time to replace the shocks. I'm hearing considerable scraping/squeaking over bumps; especially in the rear. Bumps and uneven roads are very noticeable. Light jerking at low RPMs when accelerating which I attribute to poor ability to maintain rear tire contact with the road. I'm also under the impression that shocks have about a 50,000 mile lifespan.

Does anyone know the by-the-book labor hour break down?

I'm going to have the Lincoln dealer install the KYB GR-2/Excel-G Shock

However, I'm unsure about the necessity to purchase the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set

I'd like to know the labor cost (labor hours) of removing the springs from each existing shock for reinstall on the new shocks; then I'll compare with the cost of the spring kit.

Additionally, is it a must to replace any other components? Rear toe adjust and sway bar links were replaced last year.

Thanks in advance.

I have an Eibach spring set for sale if you’re interested. It’s in the “for sale” section.

I have an Eibach spring set for sale if you’re interested. It’s in the “for sale” section.
Thank you for letting me know.

I don't necessarily want new springs. I just want to make sure I'm not paying a a comparable amount for the uninstall/reinstall of old springs as I would just paying for the install of new springs.

Members online

Back