04+ headlights on 00

LS_KiNG

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i kno anything is posisble with some body work but i was wondering if any1 has installed the 04+ headlights on a 00-02..and if so was it easyy 2 do??

I saw a post somewhere before, if you do that you have to use the 03+ bumpers because theres a height difference and it leaves a gap under the lights.

theres mad threads on this. i would search +03 headlights and start looking around the 5th page and back, should definately be in there. check in the write-ups on here and lskoncepts.com too. my notebook is currently dead so i'm using a friends computer and its sh!tty and nearly impossible to search anything.

no. there is no gap.. i just did it on the weekend.

you have to change the bumper reinforcement.
ford #6W4Z.8A284.AA IT WORKS no gaps
the wireing is a bit tricky, if you don't know it.
I used #WPT.758 That is a pigtail for the 03<06 headlights if you want a clean install,I would suggest using them. I don't have pics yet but tommorow i will.

I just started doing mine today. What did you guys do with the bunch of wires on the passenger side? I don't want to damage any wires buy forcing them over and screwing the headlight down. I could pinch them.

Take Your Lower Mount And Trim It 2/3 The Width On The One Side.
Also Cut The Wire Ties So You Can Put The Wires Inside The Loom Ontop Of One Another Between The Bulb And Mount.

You Do Have To Force It A Bit, But There Is No Other Way That I Found. Aslong As You Trim That Piece Enough There Shouldn't Be Anything Pinched.

no. there is no gap.. i just did it on the weekend.

you have to change the bumper reinforcement.
ford #6W4Z.8A284.AA IT WORKS no gaps
the wireing is a bit tricky, if you don't know it.
I used #WPT.758 That is a pigtail for the 03<06 headlights if you want a clean install,I would suggest using them. I don't have pics yet but tommorow i will.

Is that the Ford # for the pigtail.

Thanks man. I had no idea that they had the pig tails to wire it up. I will be putting nine in this week or next!

Well had the lights on for a couple months just haven't had the time to take the pics and post but now its on. They were off a 2005. They are the OEM HID headlights and they are brights as heck. Also did the door speakers. Ran new 16 ga wire and mounted the crossovers behind the door panel. (lots of room there) I also used the factory plate just cut it bigger to fit it all in. It was tight but she all fit.

DSCN0630.JPG

DSCN0631.JPG

DSCN0624.JPG

So do I need to change out the bumper reinforcment to the 03+ or is the gap so small I shouldn't bother. If I do need to change it out where did you guys get the parts, and what all do I need to get to make it right.

yes you will have to get the reinforcment bar. Its what the headlights have to bolt on too.

Does the old (00-02) bumper work ok on that mount panel? Or you still get the gap?

Does the old (00-02) bumper work ok on that mount panel? Or you still get the gap?

the 00-02 bumper works fine with the new bar, you get the gap when you use a 03+ bumper with 00-02 light being that the 00-02 headlights are a bit smaller than the new ones so no you wont have any gaps using the 03+ light with an older bumper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back