'03 LS V8 Digital Gage issue

WillieD

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello y'all,

Bought my LS around Turkey day 2022 aka Thanksgiving and we'll it almost immediately needed a radiator replaced as the current one had a crack in it.

That's not the problem though, the problem is upon the new radiator being installed the fuel pump went out. Real good shop I trust installed the new radiator along with the new pump.

At first I thought there wasn't a problem until my bottom right digital gage didn't work. I'm hoping someone has a answer on how I can check this to see if it's doa or if it's a fuse fix or something like that.

Pic for reference.
PXL_20230102_162106978.MP~2.jpg

Side note: The digital readout section was working just fine until it was towed to their shop to have the radiator/fuel pump installed.

That's not a "digital gauge," that's known as the message center. You can leave it on a display, like estimated miles to go, or you can leave it blank, except for when error messages or warnings come up. I recommend leaving it blank as much as possible, as it has a limited display life before it fades too dark to read during the day.

I assume you have tried the message center buttons and it is not responding to any of them?

There is nothing in any of the work that you described that would anywhere close to anything involved with the operation of the message center.

Also, your far bigger problem is the transmission issue(s) that you have.

Oh 100% know it has a transmission issue which is getting repaired once the parts actually arrive. That has a Solenoid that went out. I've tried hitting all four of the top center console buttons and the display doesn't come on period. It's like it just died for no reason right after the fuel pump was replaced.

Members online

No members online now.
Back