03+ LS headlights

StealthLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering about clear headlights for my 03 ls. I know that the they're pretty much already clear but there is that little amber piece in there thats really annoying. I don't think you can seperate the headlights because they use the black glue. I was wondering of the pre 03 headlights will fit on my LS. If so I wanted the angel eye kit from LSK. Any suggestions?????

StealthLS said:
Hey I was just wondering about clear headlights for my 03 ls. I know that the they're pretty much already clear but there is that little amber piece in there thats really annoying. I don't think you can seperate the headlights because they use the black glue. I was wondering of the pre 03 headlights will fit on my LS. If so I wanted the angel eye kit from LSK. Any suggestions?????

i dont think the pre 03 LS headlights will fit... i think you are stuck with the headlights you got :Bang

That sucks! I could fix the problem myself if I could pull the headlights apart so I could swap out that little amber piece but i don't know if thats possible. So frustrating!!!

StealthLS said:
That sucks! I could fix the problem myself if I could pull the headlights apart so I could swap out that little amber piece but i don't know if thats possible. So frustrating!!!

ya you cant take em apart if they got the black sealant... and i dont know if they got 03+'s with anything but the black seal...

you can?!?! Everyone is saying you cant pull apart the headlights if the have black glue. If you know how to do it that would be awesome!!

Well, the expense of switching over to the 2000-2002 headlights is possible. However, most are wanting to convert to the 2003 and up OEM HID's. To switch out the headlights you would need to purchase a front bumper brace that replaces the one in your 2003 LS. This would allow you to put the 00-02 lights in. Then you'd need to convert the wiring harness from the 03 to an 00-02. Once that is done then you can use the 00-02 headlights. However, since the bumper on the 03 and up LS's are different you would have a noticable gap between the headlight and bumper. Now if the expense of the brace, wiring harness conversion and gap in the bumper didn't bother you then you'd have angel eye headlights.

I've tried everything under the sun to get the 03 and up headlights apart. It just won't happen since the are sealed together with an indestructable glue. I destroyed one headlight just proving to myself that I could get it apart. Also, one other note on the 03 headlights is that the low beam light area is about 3 times the size of the high beam area. I don't think that it would look good with two different size angel eye rings that are that extreme.

Well thanks again for all the info. By the way do you know where I can get the H.I.D conversion kit and about how much am I looking to spend. Is it better to get the o.e.m. h.i.d's or aftermarket???

StealthLS said:
Well thanks again for all the info. By the way do you know where I can get the H.I.D conversion kit and about how much am I looking to spend. Is it better to get the o.e.m. h.i.d's or aftermarket???
Well, it really depends on how much money you wantto spend. OEM's of course are better but much more expensive. The HID conversion kits are reasonable and are much better than regular halogen. I'm running the 4300K HID conversion kit and really like it. You should expect to pay around $800-$1,000 to covert over to the OEM HID's and an HID conversion kit will run you about $400-$500 depending on color.

One other thing to consider is that all HID conversion kits that are not OEM are considered illegal by DOT and are not suppose to be used on the roads. I sell the HID conversion kits but I also have a disclaimer stating that it is not legal unless they are used off road. I'm not trying to persuade you one way or the other but just wanted you to know the facts.

GrayGhost1 said:
Well, it really depends on how much money you wantto spend. OEM's of course are better but much more expensive. The HID conversion kits are reasonable and are much better than regular halogen. I'm running the 4300K HID conversion kit and really like it. You should expect to pay around $800-$1,000 to covert over to the OEM HID's and an HID conversion kit will run you about $400-$500 depending on color.

One other thing to consider is that all HID conversion kits that are not OEM are considered illegal by DOT and are not suppose to be used on the roads. I sell the HID conversion kits but I also have a disclaimer stating that it is not legal unless they are used off road. I'm not trying to persuade you one way or the other but just wanted you to know the facts.

Hey Gray Ghost,

I got a question, i have a 01 LS, and i want to know if i buy these Headlights if i will be able to fit them into my 01 or would i have to modify it???

Does anyone know what's involved with converting an 03' to the factory HID's? Do you need all kinds of wiring etc.?

If you already have a 2003 and up LS and want to convert to the OEM HID system your best bet is to just get the HID Headlamps and swap them out. The OEM HID system is an enclosed system meaning that all of the hardware is inside the headlight assembly. I have/had a set of brand new OEM HID's and you can see the ballast system inside the headlight assembly but I don't think it would be wise to take it out.

You might be able to get the factory HID system cheaper on eBay. I think the dealer sells them around $400 for each headlight.

If anyone is wanting the 2003 and up headlight assembly brace that goes behind the bumper I have a brand new one for sell. I'll sell it for $100 shipped. I sold my OEM HID's to GWL this weekend so I don't need the brace any longer. I never installed it.

Members online

Back