03 LS crank and connecting rod bearings

SRT392Guy

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So, new to owning a Lincoln. This is my first post. I've owned a few Mustangs over the years, so familiar with Ford, in general. I like projects and love rebuilding motors.

Quick background on the car.

I have this 2003 LS 3.9 that we picked up for $500 with a blown right hand head gasket. It has sat for 2 years, and in the grass and dirt of a backyard. When the gasket blew, it overheated and spewed coolant all over everything before being left to sit with said coolant still all over everything. This basically corroded a lot of stuff. I pulled the motor, it's completely disassembled and going to the machine shop on Monday to have the block checked, heads resurfaced/restored, piston/rods/ crank all checked out. I'm basically going to completely restore this car. For some reason I can't explain, I've always liked the LS. Odd since I'm pretty much a Dodge guy.

Looking online, I've not been able to find anywhere that you can purchase connecting rod or crankshaft bearings for a 3.9. I understand it's a 'Jag engine' (the Ford symbol is cast all over everything on the block/heads/etc, lol) and pretty much a 'one of' type of motor.

So, does anyone have a source for those bearings? I'm uncertain if the S-Type 4.0 bearings would work. I figured if nothing else I'd see what the machine shop can do to locate some or custom make. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.
Back