03 LS codes help needed

Countryboi93

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I paid 800 for my Lincoln ls V8 and the check engine light is on, abs light, check transmission, parking brake light is on, the odometer goes in and out, an E is in the gear position, and the speedometer is not working. When I read the codes they were:
P0133
P0153
P2106
U1039

From what I could find on line it can be the COP, the abs module, the abs sensors, or the PCM. Can anyone give me the best direction to take?

You probably do need COPs and plugs, but that won't solve most of your issues. You need to use a code scanner that can pick up Ford specific codes, such as the ones for the ABS and the parking brake system.

Tap on the pcm lightly with hammer with the key on not running and see if dash lights flicker. If the do you mabe have a loose connection in the wiring.

Tap on the pcm lightly with hammer with the key on not running and see if dash lights flicker. If the do you mabe have a loose connection in the wiring.

Seriously? You do know that the PCM has no control or effect on the dash/instrument lighting. Nor does it control any of the warning lights mentioned besides the check engine light and the gear indicator. The parking brake light is controlled by the parking brake module. Odometer/speedometer is driven by the cluster module with data that comes from the ABS module. Instrument lighting is controlled by the gauge cluster itself. Dash lighting is controlled from the FEM. Why do you want him to damage his PCM?

Time for a cheap bluetooth obd adapter and a bluetooth enabled laptop. Download forscan and you can test pretty much every single module in the car including pulling codes that wouldn't normally show up on cheap scanners.

The one i used was for Ford and it checked the abs and the only thing that showed under abs was U1039. I really would love all the help I can get. How can I test the spark plugs?

The one i used was for Ford and it checked the abs and the only thing that showed under abs was U1039. I really would love all the help I can get. How can I test the spark plugs?

I promise you there are more codes in there that you missed. At a minimum, there are a few codes that you didn't list that always come up on LSes (even those with no problems at all). What specific model scan tool did you use.

It costs more to test COPs and plugs than it costs to replace them. Specialized (expensive) test equipment is needed.

I am using the Innova Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 7.31.35 PM.jpg
here goes my codes

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 7.31.35 PM.jpg

Which specific model Innova?
It doesn't look like any of them can read all the Ford modules.

BTW, while U1039 could be caused by the ABS, this code does not come from the ABS module. It comes from the PCM. The PCM is saying that data from the ABS module is missing or is invalid. You need a scan tool that can read the codes from the ABS module (as well as the others) to know where to start looking for the problem.

Which specific model Innova?
It doesn't look like any of them can read all the Ford modules.

BTW, while U1039 could be caused by the ABS, this code does not come from the ABS module. It comes from the PCM. The PCM is saying that data from the ABS module is missing or is invalid. You need a scan tool that can read the codes from the ABS module (as well as the others) to know where to start looking for the problem.

it is the 3030g

Time for a cheap bluetooth obd adapter and a bluetooth enabled laptop. Download forscan and you can test pretty much every single module in the car including pulling codes that wouldn't normally show up on cheap scanners.

Excuse the quick thread hijack,

Fudge, can you recommend or post up a link to a seller of these ELM327's that is not a fake.
Several vendors and re-sellers available but I've also noticed the alerts to some pawning off fakes.

~ looking to pick one up that works well with the FORScan software.

Excuse the quick thread hijack,

Fudge, can you recommend or post up a link to a seller of these ELM327's that is not a fake.
Several vendors and re-sellers available but I've also noticed the alerts to some pawning off fakes.

~ looking to pick one up that works well with the FORScan software.

You need to worry about the adapter>device connection, not the app. If you have Android devices or want to use a Windows laptop, I would just go with the highest rated stubby adapter (if you want to use it while driving) you can find on Amazon and hope for the best. Sure, they could be knockoffs/DOA, but that's what the Amazon part is for. Both of my [discontinued] cheapos still work years later. If you want to use Apple, then you want either a Wifi model or pay more for an Apple-compatible Bluetooth device, such as the ~$70 Kiwi.

My first one from amazon was DOA,,they two day shipped another and didn't ask for the old one back.

second one is a longer ver so i can put the switch in it.
been working fine for awhile now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back