03 LS 3.9 shuttering during warmup/idle, down on power, o2 sensor/lean/egr purge valve leak pids

Torx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Now this seems to be getting worse as the temps dropped really low its exhaserbated the already issue i couldnt figure out which is now resulting in new pids, sluggish power, and strange shifting,
Started in the summer, idle would shudder like its about to shut down, but once the coolant temp rises and warms up the shudder goes away and i can drive like normal.. so i started thinking a manifold leak, or vaccuum leak somewhere thats sealing up once metals and plastics start getting hot... couldnt figure this out and just dealt with it..

until now, I just so happen to scan the car and get these errors now with torque and forscan.
I had one error a while back relating to "small leak egr purge valve", but checked around it and found nothing out of the ordinary..
That error has dissappeared and now these o2 sensor pids are showing on top of being lean in the banks.
All of this im sure is affecting the shifting of the trans because it all happened at the same time.. I'm assuming there could still be a vacuum leak somewhere which is creating a snowball of issues, unless i'm missing something the pros here should tell me to check.. please let me know, i'd hate to start parts cannon'ing this.

plugs havent been changed, but cops were changed at 80k, its up to around 115k miles now.
Heres some various logs in order of scanned in the past month or two.

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P0442: Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
P0171: System too Lean (Bank 1)
P1000: [Ford] OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete
[Mazda] OBD II Monitor Testing Not Completed

Screenshot_20231227_042844_Torque.jpg

Screenshot_20231227_043015_FORScan Lite.jpg

I suspect a vacuum leak somewhere.

Get a can of carb cleaner or brake parts cleaner. Spray around the EGR valve. (cold engine running)

If the engine smooths out, then the EGR valve... and/or the plastic tubing going to it, is shot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back