03 Lincoln Towncar Suggestions

SmellySalsa

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I drive a stock 03 Lincoln town car Signature and want to give it a little bit more pep, but im having trouble finding performance parts... Im still learning a bit about all the technicallitys and it would be cool if i could get some links or brands of affordable parts thatll increase its performance it'll make a fun sleeper car. Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

DSC00193.gif

First, probably the easiest, dual exhaust, then cold air, that should be an extra 20-50+HP

Ok, do you happen to have like a link to where i could order one or like a brand or price? I was also thinking a performance computer chip might help some. Is that a good idea as well?

Thanks.

Most people dont buy into them, but your options are open

http://shopcoldairkits.com/
thats for the cold air kits
"Looking for a quick and easy way to gain an additional 10-14 hp? Look no further than these cold air induction kits from BBK." Stuff like thats what you'll be lookin at

http://www.shopmufflers.com/
theres for exhaust
These are going to add 20+/exhaust or something like that

most people just go with brands they like

for computer chips... most people don't buy into those that much... some do, i dont know

His 2003 Town Car should already have a factory stainless (t409) exhaust system - leave it alone for now.

I also highly advise AGAINST any of those HOT air kits.

What you want is an airbox from a 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder from www.adtr.net, and along with that a performance computer tune from www.blueovalchips.com
Get the xCal2 flasher, it allows you to adjust parameters like shift feel and timing to your preference, rather than *just* the tuner's settings ;)
The new MAF uses the same connector as your stock MAF, no cutting or anything.

You will need to drill a hole in the bottom of the airbox with a hole saw to attach to your Town Car's stock draw through bottom intake tract. (easy) The airbox bolts right in place of your stock unit, and uses an 80mm MAF instead of 70mm MAF (this is why you NEED the tune at the same time)

Those two upgrades will really help wake up the car.
From there, later on you can add other bolt-ons like Steeda under drive pulleys, a 70mm throttle body, ported plenum and steeper rear gears etc....
If you really want to get serious with the modding, Kooks makes long tube headers for the 03+ panthers which have shown tremendous gains with a low-restriction exhaust. The ultimate would be an Allen Engine Development supercharger kit ;) ;)

CHeck out www.adtr.net for tons of panther platform performance goodies ;)

Hey you guys...anybody know if you can fit the 32V Mark VIII or Mercury Marauder 4.6L in the 03 Town Car engine bay? Are the trannys compatible?

Members online

Back