'03 Lincoln LS window regulator question

03LinLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just had my passenger side regulator replaced and when I go to put it up, it comes right back down about 3-4". I read about overriding that, but it doesn't do anything. I didn't do the work, but a mechanic did. Has anyone experienced this and does it point to something obvious? Any help that I could pass onto him would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

You need to re-index the motor. Move the window as far up as you can. Remove the motor from the regulator. Now press and release the up button, such as to trigger the auto up. When the motor stops, bolt it back on the regulator. It should work correctly now. You may still need to re-initialize it too. (lower the window all the way, then press and hold the up button. Keep holding the up button for a few seconds after the window is all the way up.)

joegr, is that applicable to the first GEN as well?
if I'm not mistaken there is a feature missing on the GEN I vs GEN 2? Auto-up was it?

joegr, is that applicable to the first GEN as well?
if I'm not mistaken there is a feature missing on the GEN I vs GEN 2? Auto-up was it?

Only applies to gen II, of which an 03 is.

OK got it, so I'm guessing because the first GEN's don't have that auto-up feature it becomes irrelevant to have to re-index and time the motor. (by the sounds of it) I'll have a look at the two shop manuals and see the difference. thanks!

I have a related question. My 2003 model's driver side front window has started making a sound like plastic breaking when going up and down. Going to stop using it, and will be ordering a new regulator, but would like to know if there are any plastic guides on the glass. Wouldn't mind a good part number for the driver front regulator too, if anyone has it handy. I'll be ordering it Monday.

I have a related question. My 2003 model's driver side front window has started making a sound like plastic breaking when going up and down. Going to stop using it, and will be ordering a new regulator, but would like to know if there are any plastic guides on the glass. Wouldn't mind a good part number for the driver front regulator too, if anyone has it handy. I'll be ordering it Monday.

The window is clamped to the regulator with plastic clips that are attached to the cables of the regulator. The clips can be replaced (there is a YouTube on it), but it looked like a LOT more trouble than I was willing to tackle!!!! The regulator isn't all that expensive.

The window is clamped to the regulator with plastic clips that are attached to the cables of the regulator. The clips can be replaced (there is a YouTube on it), but it looked like a LOT more trouble than I was willing to tackle!!!! The regulator isn't all that expensive.

Cool thanks. I prefer a window that doesn't have those stupid plastic channel guides. I'll be ordering that regulator today then.

Members online

No members online now.
Back