'03 headlight lens cover

footballcoach

LVC Member
Reaction score
My headlights are dull. A friend told me the lens cover can be removed and replaced. Is that right? If so, where could I purchase two of these? I've tried to google search for them with no success so far.
Thanks.

there was a thread on this a few yrs ago... it involved a certain type of minwax mixed with mineral spirits. i only put 1 coat on mine and it lasted about a year. i think multiple coats were recommended

I'm having a issue with my lights also but it's seems to be moisture in the inside of the lens that's causing it to fog how would I remove that ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395058670.976761.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395058670.976761.jpg

I didn't think the lens cover would come off and could be replaced like a friend told me. That's why I posted here. Previously, I had a self-employed body shop owner (former player) buff the headlights. It helped but it didn't look as good as those in this thread. G-rell: thanks for the link to a previous thread. That's the results I want. I've had a '03 LS for almost five years with no issues. Thanks to all who replied.

I didn't think the lens cover would come off and could be replaced like a friend told me. That's why I posted here. Previously, I had a self-employed body shop owner (former player) buff the headlights. It helped but it didn't look as good as those in this thread. G-rell: thanks for the link to a previous thread. That's the results I want. I've had a '03 LS for almost five years with no issues. Thanks to all who replied.

no problem... I have two sets to do (well one to redo) soon. Its not that bad of a job, just time and patience.

If you have a gen II I'm pretty sure you're going to have to do it yourself or find a member here to help you. No shop around here would cut headlights open, I'm going to guess the same applies down there as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back