03 Console Shifter Plate

Smokey

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I did a search, but could not come up with anything on the 03+. The console plate around my shifter is all scratched up from the previous owner. I want to cover it in carbon fiber film I used on my 04 C/V. How does that plate below the shifter come out on an 03?

How bad are the scratches? If they are on the surface they probably just scratched the "clear-coat like protection". I took some alcohol wipes and rubbed off the film that coats the shifter plate. It took off the "clear-coat like protection" and left the plastic with a nice glossy finish.

Motodrew said:
How bad are the scratches? If they are on the surface they probably just scratched the "clear-coat like protection". I took some alcohol wipes and rubbed off the film that coats the shifter plate. It took off the "clear-coat like protection" and left the plastic with a nice glossy finish.

IIRC lift the trim ring and you will see that there are four snaps, one at each corner. Insert a long thin flat blade to release the snaps. As you lift up, watch for where & how each wire is connected and mounted on the plate. Be sure to note which wires go where as it may not be self evident on re-assembly.:) Doing this from memory, I only did this one time about 8 months ago, so YMMV.

The scratches are pretty deep. I did manage to get the plate off and cover it with some 3M carbon fiber material. Looks a lot better than it did, but I'll probably look for another one on Ebay or somewhere.

I have the same problem on my 2003 LS. I checked with the dealer and a new one will cost $90. Let me know if you find a decent outlet for a replacement.

Yeah, you would think they would make that a more durable surface, especially in a 40K+ MSRP vehicle.

Well i was replacing my console and also was annoyed by some scratches on my shifter plate so decided to paint it as i couldn't find a plate anywhere 1st decision was chrome didn't turn out like i wanted it too so now I'm waiting on some factory paint to match it. After doing this process me and my buddy where sitting in my car with the whole assembly still off and it popped in our head what if we could put a manual boot as if it were manual ?? will it fit ? I'm sure going to look into it might look nice i dunno

You chould check with CarbonTC the vaporware king. He claims to have shift boots to sell. All leather and double stitched! Do a search, you will find it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back